PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just curious-how is everyone feeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Especially considering the Celtics are ONE win away from claiming the NBA title? Will this erase any of the gut-wrenching memories from the Super Bowl for you guys?

Really-2/3 of the major sports teams in the Boston area winning the championship(while the 3rd one was close) is NO small feat(especially compared to the DFW and Big Easy areas where meltdowns are a common thing).

And plus unlike previous Super Bowl losers, the Pats seem to have learned their lessons and are choosing the proper personnel for another Super Bowl run. Remember the previous ones(Rams, Eagles, Hawks, Bears, Raiders, and Panthers) just sat on their fannies and thought they didn't have to make any changes whatsoever to their near-championship squads.

Um no. But it would ease the pain.

Not only we lost a SB game but we also lost a perfect season.

I was feeling good.

But Wednesday night i woke up at 4 am thinking about Tyree's catch and couldn't sleep anymore.

I wanted to punch myself in the face repeatedly until i fell asleep but i just laid there thinking about poker.

Not at all....I am glad teh celts might win..but that is basketball....am NOT an Ainge fan..and if they win..FREAT!!...but..it's NOT the Patriots...so I do not care as much..

I feel good today. Got up early and took warm shower. My wife made me breakfast and we will go out and have lunch and see a movie.

The weather here is nice. I can't wait to see Pats in August.

Feeling good. Looks like the Celts are going to win, and while it won't erase the SB, it will be great!

I've already moved on from last year and now that the other nonsense is finally over, I am looking forward to training camp and a new exciting season!

Nothing will ever erase that Super Bowl.

The last 3 years are kind of hard to get forget about actually...

In 2005, our turnovers and sloppy play cost a three-peat. The Colts were then eliminated from the playoffs and we would have hosted the 6th seed Steelers at home for the AFC Championship game. That hurt, but then again we were only a 10-6 team.

In 2006 we had no WR's yet put together a nice 12-4 record. We then went into the MVP's 14-2 house, send them home and their coach packing for good. The game was won off a miracle play by Troy Brown. We take a 21-3 on the road at Indy awaiting a whooping of the Bears next week for #4. We then proceed to choke away a 18 point lead and start the Manning Super Bowl era.

In 2007 we had the greatest football team ever assembled and we failed to make a championship year out of it. There was no superior team, no miracle play that got us there, it was clearly the best team of the BB era and we somehow failed to show anything but a historic regular season and conference title for it. It was also our second straight year of a choke of epic proportions.

The number of "could-of's" are rapidly catching up with the number of "haves" in terms of Super Bowl championships for this BB/Brady era and the last two seasons of amazing highs being plummeted within the course of one game respectively have led to two very depressing off-seasons.

Nothing will ever erase that Super Bowl.

The last 3 years are kind of hard to get forget about actually...

In 2005, our turnovers and sloppy play cost a three-peat. The Colts were then eliminated from the playoffs and we would have hosted the 6th seed Steelers at home for the AFC Championship game. That hurt, but then again we were only a 10-6 team.

In 2006 we had no WR's yet put together a nice 12-4 record. We then went into the MVP's 14-2 house, send them home and their coach packing for good. The game was won off a miracle play by Troy Brown. We take a 21-3 on the road at Indy awaiting a whooping of the Bears next week for #4. We then proceed to choke away a 18 point lead and start the Manning Super Bowl era.

In 2007 we had the greatest football team ever assembled and we failed to make a championship year out of it. There was no superior team, no miracle play that got us there, it was clearly the best team of the BB era and we somehow failed to show anything but a historic regular season and conference title for it. It was also our second straight year of a choke of epic proportions.

The number of "could-of's" are rapidly catching up with the number of "haves" in terms of Super Bowl championships for this BB/Brady era and the last two seasons of amazing highs being plummeted within the course of one game respectively have led to two very depressing off-seasons.

Ah, come on! At least we're in it every year, which is more than just about 31 other teams can say. If we do get at least one more SB win in the Brady era, it will be that much sweeter.

Chances of us ever having another BB/Brady duo are about the same as the chances were of us drafting a future Hall of Famer in round 6.

I just want this team to take full advantage of what it has while it has it, because with each year that goes by, so does our precious time with one of the greatest Coach/QB duos of all-time.

I feel like we are, without question, the most fortunate (and most spoiled) sports fans ever.

Yes, I was as disappointed as anybody by our superbowl loss this season, but it's kind of revolting to hear all the p*ssing and moaning over it when you look at the big picture.

Celtics on their way to a 17th title.
Red Sox in good shape for yet another world series run.
Pats winning 3 SB this century.

Imagine how we look to say, a Bills fan. It's like Bill Gates complaining about one of his million dollar deals falling through.

Curtail the greed and appreciate what we have.

Especially considering the Celtics are ONE win away from claiming the NBA title? Will this erase any of the gut-wrenching memories from the Super Bowl for you guys?

Really-2/3 of the major sports teams in the Boston area winning the championship(while the 3rd one was close) is NO small feat(especially compared to the DFW and Big Easy areas where meltdowns are a common thing).

And plus unlike previous Super Bowl losers, the Pats seem to have learned their lessons and are choosing the proper personnel for another Super Bowl run. Remember the previous ones(Rams, Eagles, Hawks, Bears, Raiders, and Panthers) just sat on their fannies and thought they didn't have to make any changes whatsoever to their near-championship squads.

Nothing will make the PATs loss to the Giants less hurtful. Every time I think
about it .... it hurts.:( ... very bad!

But I love basketball also. So the Celtics in the playoffs has taken my
attention off the PATs Loss ... in that sense it has eased the pain.
I'm sorry for you guys who only have the PATs to think about.

I couldn't give a damn about any other Boston sports teams. So no a Celtics win will not ease the pain. I was rooting for the Lakers and lost money on them thursday. Those bastards blew a 20 point lead.

I feel like we are, without question, the most fortunate (and most spoiled) sports fans ever.

Yes, I was as disappointed as anybody by our superbowl loss this season, but it's kind of revolting to hear all the p*ssing and moaning over it when you look at the big picture.

Celtics on their way to a 17th title.
Red Sox in good shape for yet another world series run.
Pats winning 3 SB this century.

Imagine how we look to say, a Bills fan. It's like Bill Gates complaining about one of his million dollar deals falling through.

Curtail the greed and appreciate what we have.

Everyone forgets MLS soccer. The Revs DID play in their equivalent of a SuperBowl too. And they lost, but they did get there.

So only the Bruins are NOT competing for a championship. But they did at least post a winning record.

I'm feeling really thrilled at what these Celtics are doing and especially the way they are doing it, with great heart that Boston teams are known for. However, about 5 times a day I just think d%#*!@t, d%#*!@t, d%#*!@t,...that damn Super Bowl! If only...3 titles, would have been so nice.
But, we are very lucky so I agree soak it all in.

I'm feeling really thrilled at what these Celtics are doing and especially the way they are doing it, with great heart that Boston teams are known for. However, about 5 times a day I just think d%#*!@t, d%#*!@t, d%#*!@t,...that damn Super Bowl! If only...3 titles, would have been so nice.
But, we are very lucky so I agree soak it all in.

I agree....that damn SB.....damn New York!!

But yes we are very lucky to have great teams in the city of Boston.

What a bunch of great athletes!!

Go Pats!!

GO CELTICS....BEAT LA!!

I feel like I have to take a crap but I'm a little constipated. And were I not, I would do it on some official representative of the Jets. It'll be kinda nice to have a Celtics ring, and another sox WS win wouldn't hurt either.

But come on guys, you know what we want ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes