Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix111

Banned
Reaction score
Just thought this was amusing for this morning. The thread title is:
"Did the Pats build their team to beat the Cowboys?"

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=112#s=112&f=1786&t=1177474

Cowboys are certainly looking like an explosive team this year thus far. Taking nothing away from them, to consider that the Pats geared themselves for beating solely them is pretty ridiculous.

BB designed the team to beat the Cowboys only to the extent the Cowboys are similar to the Colts.

Aside from the AFC Championship, which the Pats shouldn't have lost (props to the Colts for that)... The Colts have never really been a PROBLEM for the Patriots. And like I said... they shouldn't have lost the AFC Championship, so why would they "build a team" to beat any particular team. They built the team to dominate any team they could possibly play. I think they did a good job so far!!

having a team with no weaknesses, depth, and loads of talent across the board at each position is built to kick every team in the hoo-haa.

I think they build their team to beat whatever team they are playing this week.

we all love when BB says "its good to win, we're moving on to so and so"

If this team was built to beat any particular team (which I don't think it really was), it would be Indy. The combination of speedier LBs and more scoring punch are both ways to limit the effect of the explosive Indy offense. Dallas really hasn't been on anyone's radar until this season's fast start.

The cowboys are the center of the universe :rolleyes:

I'm more concerned with posts regarding Tony Romo being better than Tom Brady. Check the main page.

And, I don't know if I'm crazy, but can we dispel the myth that Brady has had the best offensive line in the league throughout his career? One of his best years (statistically) came when 2/5 of his line was out injured (maybe the best two linemen at the time), there was no running game, and he was hit on almost every drop back.

Have you guy heard how angry TO is that everyone is talking about the Pats going undefeated, but no one is saying that about the Cowboys?

Yeah, those Cowboys....they sure fly under the radar.:rolleyes:

Nonsense.

But think it is a valid question to ask if the evolving rules of Football,have created a totally beneficial effect to a high powered Offense. I think that is exactly the case, and has been so ever since the Polian emphasis made it impossible to play Pass Defense for an entire game,without at least one PI call.

That combined with the disproportionate 99 yard possible penalty for pass interference,has turned the Passing game into a lottery.

When the Defenses catch up, as they will, and the Rules are equalized, the balance will spring back to balanced Teams with good Defenses. Simply creating an egregious PI and an incidental PI with two different penalties as the example of face masking does, would go a long way to restoring balance.

In the meantime I believe Belichick understood the consequences and purposely set out to convert the Patriots to an Offensive Juggernaut that could compete and win in these Rule warped times. Brilliant Coaching. For that one example of team management, he should win Coach of the Year. But of course, that is impossible this year due to the video taping brou-ha-ha.

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye