PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just because.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that's accurate. Big Vince definitely moved his man into the path of Sanchez. How else would Sanchez run directly into the back of his lineman?

I think it was a combination of both. You can see Sanchez looking slightly off to his right, and not realizing his hole up front just closed.

This must be what Heroin is like.. can never get enough of it.

I had forgotten about the pass to Vereen that started this avalanche. Re-watching that sequence, it would be interesting to know what the call was and what Bart Scott's responsibilities were on that play. Collinsworth might be right that there was a planned "rub" by Welker, but it also looks like Scott was trying to provide coverage if Welker broke his route off short.

If that was the plan - Watch Welker short, if that doesn't happen, cover the back out of the backfield - then that was a poor idea considering the speed disparity between Vereen and Scott. At the point Vereen catches the ball, he's about halfway between the numbers and the sideline and Scott is still inside the numbers. If they ran that play again and Scott completely ignored Welker and went straight for Vereen, I'm not even sure if he gets there in time. Maybe he'd be able to dive and push Vereen out of bounds, maybe not.

I had forgotten about the pass to Vereen that started this avalanche.

This is one reason why the JEST can't have nice things.

They held the ball for over 12 minutes that quarter. The Patriots ran only six plays on offense. And outscored the JEST 35–3.

Then there was the game where they rushed for over 200 yards, held the ball for over 40 minutes, committed zero turnovers. . . . and lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes