PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JUST A Rumor...TIFWIW....

Status
Not open for further replies.

italia44

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
just a rumor,I heard on ESPN:

Julius Peppers signed his contract,today.

The end game for the Patriots is to send the 2011 number one to Carolina for Peppers.Espn discounts this,but recognizes there must be some kind of end game to the Seymour trade.

Might be Peppers,might be someone else,TIFWIW.

Oh, Lord. Please...

I know you are kidding, but really.

Last edited:
I don't even know if I want Peppers now.

I'll take him.

Your breaking my heart

Peppers signed his contract today because this is the time that franchised players who are playing under the franchise tender usually sign their tender offer - right before the start of the season. This is because they do not want to play and get hurt in the preseason.

At this point, if you want Peppers here. say good bye to Wilfork, Mankins, and a few others now!!! The Pats would need to clear about $11 million of cap space to trade Peppers now that the July date has passed where he can get a long term deal. He HAS TO play under his franchise tender of about $16 million and will be a free agent next season.

Need to cut another $11 mill...hate to see Brady go

Bah, what's a few more days of Peppersy fun!?!

Not possible, but it sure would be interesting.

Peppers signed his contract today because this is the time that franchised players who are playing under the franchise tender usually sign their tender offer - right before the start of the season. This is because they do not want to play and get hurt in the preseason.

At this point, if you want Peppers here. say good bye to Wilfork, Mankins, and a few others now!!! The Pats would need to clear about $11 million of cap space to trade Peppers now that the July date has passed where he can get a long term deal. He HAS TO play under his franchise tender of about $16 million and will be a free agent next season.

Peppers played in the preseason

Im not buying into the Peppers fiasco again, I got my hopes up last time for nothing I refuse to go through the same emotions again.

Need to cut another $11 mill...hate to see Brady go

Yeah, it's gonna suck playing without Brady and Moss this year, but Eff it, at least will have Peppers :banned:

Bah, what's a few more days of Peppersy fun!?!

Not possible, but it sure would be interesting.

Oh yeah, Lord knows all of us are just sitting around, breathlessly waiting for Peppers to fart or Seymour to order Pizza so we can have a hundred new threads going about all the implications of gas and anchovies. :rolleyes:

Isn't the opening game for the new season sometime soon? Don't the Pats have a game coming up on Monday night or something? :cool:

just a rumor,I heard on ESPN:

Julius Peppers signed his contract,today.

The end game for the Patriots is to send the 2011 number one to Carolina for Peppers.Espn discounts this,but recognizes there must be some kind of end game to the Seymour trade.

Might be Peppers,might be someone else,TIFWIW.

He signed the contract on 6/24/09. He could not have played or practiced in any preseason games or camp.

Peppers signs franchise tender

Football Gods please make it stop!!!! :violent:
:deadhorse:

Screw Peppers ... and hold the Mayo.

It's been a while since his name was mentioned on the board...can't have that happen now can we?

He ain't coming here, not unless the team is going to kiss multiple players good bye and soon.

He may not be close to Peppers ..or as young but I think Derrick Brooks would make an awesome edition to this defense.

Earlier in the year when he was available it did not look like a good fit since he is a main 4-3 LB but now with the obvious transition to a 4-3 he would be a great player to look at.

Reports are that he is in top notch condition and injury free and physically fit for a player his age and remains active in workout regiments.

For the Vet Minimum or maybe even just a $1M one year contract I think we could obtain his services as other teams have not taken much interest.

I wonder why BB has yet to bring him in?

Last edited:
Oh yeah, Lord knows all of us are just sitting around, breathlessly waiting for Peppers to fart or Seymour to order Pizza so we can have a hundred new threads going about all the implications of gas and anchovies.

:rofl::rofl:

thats a good one

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill