PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just A Quick Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsBoy12

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Just A Quick Appreciation Thread

I just wanted to give a quick shout out to Gost, who again made a field goal in the closing seconds of a game, a 47-yarder in those conditions no less, which is something that many people were saying he needed to show to completely replace and surpass Adam V. And though he has not done it in the playoffs or SB like Adam V., he is building that resume as a clutch kicker.

I also wanted to thank Ryan Allen, who averaged 44 ypp and put four inside the 20. Again, the conditions yesterday were incredibly difficult for what guys like Gost and Allen have to do. The kick and punt coverage was also very good yesterday.

P.S. I didn't want to make this thread about anything negative, but how about that no-call on the Allen punt where the defender runs into him. LOL

We've actually had 20 straight years of legendary field goal kicking between Vinatiari and Gostkowski. Same thing with QB play with Bledsoe/Brady. But to have 2 straight great/clutch kickers is quite amazing.

Definitely agree that Allen and Gostowski did admirable jobs last night. If only Harper fair catches that punt and doesn't muff it, special teams would be graded very highly in this one.

Logan Ryan did pretty well for most of this game.
Pat Chung deserves mention as well.

We've actually had 20 straight years of legendary field goal kicking between Vinatiari and Gostkowski. Same thing with QB play with Bledsoe/Brady. But to have 2 straight great/clutch kickers is quite amazing.

And they also found Robbie Gould, who's not exactly a slouch either. . . .

I couldn't believe he made that kick. I think that was the best one of his career considering the conditions.
I never doubted. That's unlike me. I even remember times when I was nervous about Adam V., like each of the SB kicks. I still don't know how I was so serene right before the kick last night. I'm usually going out of my mind at that point in a game.

A positive thread. Amazing.

I couldn't believe he made that kick. I think that was the best one of his career considering the conditions.
I too think it was his best kick of all time. The ball was right down the middle and probably would've been good from 57 yards.

Its hard not to take him for granted, he's a machine.

* #2 all time FG accuracy
* #1 all time from 50+ [77%, league avg: 59%]
* #1 in the NFL each of the past 4 years in FG % adjusted for distance

I'd like to give a shout out to the entire New England Patriots team who in spite of being down to a skeleton crew on offense, their two best linebackers out of the game, and playing in hostile territory against NFL mandated match fixing, were still in a position to win the game.

What a ****ing marvellous team this is to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes