Welcome to PatsFans.com

Just a funny 180

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by drew4008, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drew4008

drew4008 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

After the Cleveland game, the vast majority of this board was saying it was going to be a rough stretch coming up, we were too young, we just didn't have it this year, Belichick didn't have the answers anymore, Brady wasn't the same QB as before, we didn't have enough weapons, we couldn't stop anyone, etc. etc.

And now after the Pittsburgh win, everyone's back on board, as excited as ever.

Just funny how crazy things can get after a rough loss, and how quickly it can turn around after a big road win the next week.
  2. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I expect there to be a few more of those ups and downs in this second half going into the playoffs. It's good character building for the the players (and fans).
  3. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,781 / 30 / -48

No Jersey Selected

Such is the way of a football forum. We're all here because we're absolute fanatics of this team. When we win, especially against a good team, the highs are really high. When we lose, the lows are really low.
  4. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

I'd like to know who the vast minority was that thought the Steelers, Colts and Jets in the next four games was going to be a cakewalk. Of course we are in the middle of a rough stretch. Those three games are against arguably the best three non-Patriot teams in the NFL and the outcomes will have a HUGE impact on our season.

There were the usual folks who panicked after Cleveland (We were good against the run for seven games and were bad for one game so we are doomed) but if you look back, you will see that the vast majority of Pats fans saw Cleveland as one of those games where the whole team is unfocused. It happens most years. It did with the Ravens in 2007, and if not for Bart Scott's flag toss and Rexy's TO, we would have lost that game.

You may be thinking of the BSPN folks who believe that teams will play out the rest of the season exactly the way they played their last game. Vick will be unstoppable, and so will the Patriots and the next seven superbowls will each feature the 18-0 Pats vs the 18-0 Iggles. :bricks:
  5. Dufflebagz

Dufflebagz Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I picked them to win all 3.
    Steelers: Idk why, I guess I'm a homer.
    Colts: At home, Colts are beat up, at home, It's gonna be too cold for Manning, and we're at home.
    Jets: Simple....REVENGE
  6. InRodWeRust

InRodWeRust Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -2

You summed that up perfectly :)
  7. jsull87

jsull87 Rookie

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0

yeah definately agree.

The problem is everyone has such a short memory. During the start of the season everyone kept saying this season will be a wild ride e.t.c because we have such a young roster. then when we lose a game everyone flips out.

I just hope this team makes the playoffs... then will have the fingers crossed for a deep run
  8. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

This probably wouldn't be my favorite place on the internet if not for all the overreactions you see on the forum (on both extremes).

I'm still pretty nervous about the stretch myself. We could realistically lose the next 3 games and be fighting for our playoff lives. I don't think that will happen though
  9. Rich<3TheWoodhead

Rich<3TheWoodhead Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It happens everytime!
  10. Ron Sellers

Ron Sellers Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I can understand this happening with fans, but why is it also like that with the media? Just look at the wild swings the media make with their predictions and power rankings from one week to the next.

Bruce Allen (Patriots Daily, Boston Sports Media Watch) wrote about this phenomenon:

Media Roundup: Inconsistent NFL Power Rankings, And Why The Red Sox Are Almost An Afterthought - SB Nation Boston

11. PatsChamp88

PatsChamp88 Rookie

Ratings:
    +51 / 3 / -0

#75 Jersey

Roller coaster!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.