PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Junior watch list

Re: RB Noel Devine remaining...

There goes the "d%#*!@t! We missed out on McCluster!" consolation prize.
I can just imagine what it would be like if he were drafted by the pats and screwed up. People here would be writting McCluster ****.

Under 24 hours left for juniors to declare. Noel Devine is heading back to school, Rob Gronkowski is coming out.

Guys who haven't yet announced a decision:

- CB Kareem Jackson, Alabama - was rumored to be declaring and was supposed to announce a decision on Tuesday, but nothing so far
- OT/OG Game Carimi, Wisconsin
- OT Joseph Barksdale, LSU
- RB DeMarco Murray, Oklahoma
- LB Travis Lewis, Oklahoma
- DE/OLB Jeremy Beal, Oklahoma

I doubt any of these guys come out at the least minute, except possibly Jackson. Lewis will be a 1st round pick this year if he declares, and a possible top 15 pick next year. All 6 of those guys could go in the first 2 rounds.

Have I left anyone major out?

Hoping Demarco comes out to make the RB class just a little bit deeper. We might be able to get one in the third if we unload some of this dead weight for a third rounder.

Under 24 hours left for juniors to declare. Noel Devine is heading back to school, Rob Gronkowski is coming out.

- CB Kareem Jackson, Alabama - was rumored to be declaring and was supposed to announce a decision on Tuesday, but nothing so far

I doubt any of these guys come out at the least minute, except possibly Jackson. Lewis will be a 1st round pick this year if he declares, and a possible top 15 pick next year. All 6 of those guys could go in the first 2 rounds.

Does anybody know if Carmini needed surgery after getting dinged up in the bowl game?

GBN reports that Jackson has declared while Murray is returning. Nothing unexpected.

Oklahoma junior DE/OLB Jeremy Beal is returning for his senior season:

Tulsa World: Jeremy Beal to remain at OU in 2010

Next year's DE/OLB pass rusher class will potentially be stocked: Seniors Greg Romeus (6'6" 265#) and Jeremy Beal (6'3", 263#), Junior Richard Graham (6'5", 265#, 4.51), and possible redshirt sophomore Aldon Smith (6'5", 255#). All are 1st round talents.

Next year's DE/OLB pass rusher class will potentially be stocked: Seniors Greg Romeus (6'6" 265#) and Jeremy Beal (6'3", 263#), Junior Richard Graham (6'5", 265#, 4.51), and possible redshirt sophomore Aldon Smith (6'5", 255#). All are 1st round talents.

I would also add in Robert Quinn (6'5", 255) and De'Quan Bowers (6'4", 275) and I think you can probably guess where one of the two 1st round picks is going. There is also potentially an amazing WR crop:

Julio Jones 6'4", 210
A.J. Green 6'4", 210
Michael Floyd 6'3", 220
Jonathan Baldwin 6'5", 225
Terrence Tolliver 6'4", 205

So even though 2010 looks to be really deep, 2011 looks loaded at the top in key positions the Pats are likely to target.

Last edited:
I would also add in Robert Quinn (6'5", 255) and De'Quan Bowers (6'4", 275) and I think you can probably guess where one of the two 1st round picks is going. There is also potentially an amazing WR crop:

Julio Jones 6'4", 210
A.J. Green 6'4", 210
Michael Floyd 6'3", 220
Jonathan Baldwin 6'5", 225
Terrence Tolliver 6'4", 205

So even though 2010 looks to be really deep, 2011 looks loaded at the top in key positions the Pats are likely to target.

Quinn is who I meant when I wrote "Richard Graham". Post-call brain fart. Sorry.

Oklahoma junior DE/OLB Jeremy Beal is returning for his senior season:

Tulsa World: Jeremy Beal to remain at OU in 2010

That SUCKS. I thought Beal would be a great 2nd round steal.

Tony Pauline from CNNSI/TFYdraft recently put out some opinions on who was right and who was wrong to declare:

2010 NFL Draft underclassmen who made right, wrong decisions - NFL - SI.com

In the "questionable" class was Florida DE Carlos Dunlap: "Dunlap's physical skills and ability usually warrant a spot in the draft's opening selections. Yet his inconsistency and lack of intensity have depressed his grade. Had Dunlap returned to Florida for his senior season and played to the level scouts expected, he could have been a top six choice in 2011. Right now he is struggling to solidify himself as a late first rounder."

Right now I have Dunlap as my #2 prospect behind Rolando McClain. If he falls to 22 and Urban Meyer gives BB a favorable report I can't imagine passing on Dunlap. The chance to get that kind of potential as a pass rusher would be too good, IMHO.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back