PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Junior" the patriot

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankiesfly

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I love the fact of "Junior" coming to the pats. I always been a fan of his, and i ithink hes an awesome addition to the pats defence. Yes we can all say hes getting old, but i think his leader ship, and will to win will make the patriots defence stand tall. Im psyched about this coming season, and dont see the pats doing anything but winning it all, and making bill belechick the best coach in the history of the NFL. Frankiesfly.

Originally Posted by frankiesfly
I love the fact of "Junior" coming to the pats. I always been a fan of his, and i ithink hes an awesome addition to the pats defence. Yes we can all say hes getting old, but i think his leader ship, and will to win will make the patriots defence stand tall. Im psyched about this coming season, and dont see the pats doing anything but winning it all, and making bill belechick the best coach in the history of the NFL. Frankiesfly.

NEM said:
I concur......
I concur also (am I actually agreeing with NEM ? :confused: )

Would I be alone in thinking that for an older LB such as Junior that he's likely to contribute more inside than outside at his age ? If he's kept in shape, his strength is not likely to be lessened as much as perhaps his quick step speed. And if he plays alongside Bruschi, he probably has slightly less responsibility to drop into short coverage but will have very important responsibility to read run gaps which seems to be something he does as well as any LB. And it has already been speculated that he might not play every down, especially 3rd down passing situations. As a side speculation, it really is looking like they would really like for Davis to be productive as a third down ILB. They have even been using him as the single ILB when that is the defensive set. It makes a fair amount of sense and indeed goes along with speculation that I have read other posters make about putting a 'safety' type in as an ILB on long downs. And they have certainly used Davis in the past also as a 'hybrid' safety. Might be something to keep an interested eye on in the remaining two preseason games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes