PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Junior Seau has died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sad news indeed, too young to die. My thoughts are with his family.

Now I wish we had won the SB in 2008, he deserved to retire a champion.

His mom is on ESPN. So sad. She's about to break down. :(

Devastating, heartbreaking, not enough words to express how I feel upon hearing this news. I loved Seau. I feel awful for those close to him.

Heartbreaking. Thoughts & prayers to his family and friends.

Completely shocked when I heard the news. Taken back.

RIP Junior

Sad, sad news. Seau was a great player.

I had a naive wish that if the Patriots had been able to win the SB in 2010, they would have given Seau a ring, just because he had such a great career.

Peace Junior

Sad day.

RIP

This kind of stuff needs to stop. I was in complete shock when I heard it on the radio.

Took few minutes for this to sink in. Then a few more to get my jaw off the ground.

RIP Junior and condolences to his family and friends. If it's true he was shot i nthe chest, I hope he or his family set it up so they can study his brain for long term trama.

A tweet from Big Vince:

Vince Wilfork ‏ @wilfork75
@mrs75 and I are heart broken about junior he's one of the greatest people I shared the field with he will always be "Buddie Buddie"

One from Donte Stallworth:

Donte' Stallworth ‏ @DonteStallworth
My prayers & condolences to the family of Junior Seau...great player & even better man. Glad to have had the honor to suit up with you bro!!

And a short one from Julian Edelman:

Julian Edelman ‏ @Edelman11
Rip junior #buddy

Terrible news.

Terrible news to say the least....heartbreaking.

Junior Seau was one of the "greatest of greats". A player that you would gladly pay to watch on Sunday's. He could do anything he wanted on the field in his prime.

Thank you for the memories Junior. You were a role model and an example to anyone who wanted to play football the right way.

R.I.P

This is awful news. Just awful.

I wonder if he has specified that his brain be donated to research so they can analyze how much CTE he had.

R.I.P. Jr, may the peace you sought in this world be with you now and forever.:cry2:

If football concussions really do contribute to incredibly sad situations like this one, we need to do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to lessen the frequency and severity of concussions while preserving the essence of the great game we love, at the same time.

Some will say it means putting flags or skirts on people. That's crazy. Football can still be recognizable as football without people being so banged up in the head that they do this at age 43. Best helmets money can buy. Rules that are clear and consistently enforced. No more using the head as a battering ram.

So sad.

So devastating for the family and friends left behind.

So senseless.

I am shocked and on the verge of tears. RIP Junior.

This is very upsetting. RIP Junior..

Over at chargers.com, here was the entire front page:

seaux.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back