PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Junior on Cold Pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slagathor

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Answering a bunch of the same stock questions he's been asked already.

I gotta tell you, I'm really warming up to this guy.

He seems very bright, super enthusiatic and I liked what little I've seen from him in preseason.

For an older guy he doesn't lack any athleticism. He's much more athletic than Phifer or Cox were when we had them.

Plus he's hungrier for a SB win than any guy I've seen come to the Pats since Corey.

IF...he stays healthy, I think his addition will be Huge and I don't think I'm exaggerating.

Slagathor said:

He seems very bright, super enthusiatic and I liked what little I've seen from him in preseason.

For an older guy he doesn't lack any athleticism. He's much more athletic than Phifer or Cox were when we had them.

Plus he's hungrier for a SB win than any guy I've seen come to the Pats since Corey.

IF...he stays healthy, I think his addition will be Huge and I don't think I'm exaggerating.

slath.I don't think your exaggerating either quite frankly.His intensity is awesome and just seeing him play with Tedy,Mike,and Rosey will be electrifying.I'm actually having this odd notion also that we may be seeing him on the field more then what we think.I can picture Rodney in the defensive backfield threatening to pulvarize him if he leaves too often.LOL.That's just going back to the veteran intensity that we have..I for one am stoked as hell to have him here with us if only for this one year.

Patriots4Ever said:
slath.I don't think your exaggerating either quite frankly.His intensity is awesome and just seeing him play with Tedy,Mike,and Rosey will be electrifying.I'm actually having this odd notion also that we may be seeing him on the field more then what we think.I can picture Rodney in the defensive backfield threatening to pulvarize him if he leaves too often.LOL.That's just going back to the veteran intensity that we have..I for one am stoked as hell to have him here with us if only for this one year.

I've always been a fan of any player that was a high-motor guy.

Most of the great LB's, specifically MLB's have been high-motor guys. Lambert, Singletary, Lewis, Bruschi and of course Seau all had or have that look like they wanna jump out of their own skin in anticipation of the snap and the opportunity to destroy someone.

I saw that in Junior during Washington game. His eyes were as big as saucer's in a sociopathic kind of way.

That alone let's fans know that the guy totally focused on his profession.

Slagathor said:

WOW! Welcome to the bandwagon guys. Glad to see others out there are STILL learning how great Seau is as a player and a person. After 16 yrs. or so in the NFL you think everyone would probably know that by now. The guy had two injury riddled seasons in Mia. and all the sudden people are talking like he is some unknown, or washed up commodity.

holyredeemer said:
WOW! Welcome to the bandwagon guys. Glad to see others out there are STILL learning how great Seau is as a player and a person. After 16 yrs. or so in the NFL you think everyone would probably know that by now. The guy had two injury riddled seasons in Mia. and all the sudden people are talking like he is some unknown, or washed up commodity.

I was never a guy who felt that Junior would fit the Patriot mold.

He's always been a free-lancing, self-promoter and his ability to gel with a team concept I think everyone questioned.

His Physical ability was never in question other than his durablity at this late end of his career. That will STILL be something of a concern as the season progresses.

Like a said, I like what I've seen so far quite a bit. By nature, I'm pretty cynical and hesitant to jump on any bandwagons.

holyredeemer said:
well he DID just join the patriots so why would we have jumped on the bandwagon before or talk about how great he was throughout his career. this is a Patriots message board not a Chargers or Phins. I have always thought he was one of the best at what he does, but why would I say that here. Welcome to the Pats, Jr.! heres to hoping you can help bring home that trophey you are looking for.

Really difficult to imagine him staying healthy for 16 games with any kind of decent workload.

holyredeemer said:

Amazing how some people who try to make themselves seem smarter by knocking down other people ( and there are a lot of them around here), and in doing so, identify how little they actually know. As if 16 years of high impact football and one year removed from a torn achilles makes a player better equipped to do a very difficult job of smacking heads with OL 30 or so downs a game. Please. Try giving it a rest Holier-than-thou, I mean Holyredeemer

Well if nothing else Junior brings intensity and a much needed veteran presence. Hopefully he can also play MLB adequately which is a new position for him. But he seemed to do decently against Washington. Now he needs to get even better. :)

I'm surprised Junior appeared on Cold Pizza. Not because I think he would have any reason not to do it, but simply because I didn't realize that show was still on! :D

D-cleater said:
Amazing how some people who try to make themselves seem smarter by knocking down other people ( and there are a lot of them around here), and in doing so, identify how little they actually know. As if 16 years of high impact football and one year removed from a torn achilles makes a player better equipped to do a very difficult job of smacking heads with OL 30 or so downs a game. Please. Try giving it a rest Holier-than-thou, I mean Holyredeemer

First of all, I wasnt trying to come off as smarter than others. If thats how it was taken, then I guess maybe its true. Even though this is just a pats board, the original thread starter talked about Junior Seau like he was never anyhting special. Anyone who is SURPRISED at what Jr. might or will do here deserves to be treated like they are stupid on a football level. Also, in response to someone elses comments. Jr. has NEVER EVER been a self promoting, free lancing player. Where the hell have you gotten that from? In his entire career he has always been the leader his defense could follow. He has always been a humble man and never self promoting. Thats why I am treating these people like they are stupid. It sounds like they have never seen Jr. play a game in his life.
Holier than thou?? Smooooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back