PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

July 3-6 Sox at Yankee Stadium

tedylb

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
As always, lots of buzz on this series.

Great outing by Lester Friday night and by Josh today. I'm sitting through the rain delay (top of the 8th with a 6-3 Sox lead), and as bad as the Sox played against the Rays, they're still 5 games ahead of the Skanks, 6 if they can hold the lead.

Reading the Yankee message board, they're getting nervous in the Bronx. Their third baseman is known as Choke-Rod, the Madonna crib robber, and their fans are not liking their aging lineup, and their lack of fire.

As for the Sox, my main concern is relief pitching. If Okajima, Delcarman and Hansen step up, I like our chances. If not, maybe the Rays will finally get to postseason.

And did you see the amazing play today when Damon got hurt crashing the wall, and the ball almost stayed on top of the fence?

Your thoughts?

They should be nervous. I don't want to call the Yankees dead just yet, but the division is better this year, their second half schedule isn't a cake walk like it was last year, and (most importantly) they don't have Wang until September at the earliest. Last years comeback will pale in comparison if they manage to make the playoffs this year.

As far as the Sox, the bullpen is absolutely the weak link. The starters have been phenomenal (all 5 starters currently have sub-4 ERAs and sub 1.40WHIPs), and while the offense can go into squander mode at times, they're still 3rd in the majors in runs scored. Not a lot to complain about other than the pen.

As we all know, trading for the best reliever on the market doesn't always work out as planned, but I don't see how a deal or two for bullpen help doesn't get done at the deadline.

Excellent post, Foley. The Yanks aren't even dead in this series, with Mussina and Chamberlain going against Masterson and Wakefield today and Sunday. I'm praying for a sweep, hoping for three-one, and expecting a split. Meanwhile, Tampa Bay keeps winning. Maybe they are for real.

Good bullpen management by Francona in Saturday's game with the hour and a half rain delay.

I have a feeling Masterson is goin to struggle vs NY. They have too many lefties in that lineup.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back