PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Julius Adams passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.
uh. man. :(

Rotten Day, very good player watched him play in the old stadium. Good times.

RIP Julius. Was a damn good player. Yeah man, im a fan since 1961-and the '76 team was my favorite until 2001. Shoulda been our 1st Super Bowl win. At least where Julius is now, he can sack all the qbs he wants w/o being called for the infamous "phantom roughing the passer"call. Because we all know theres no way in hell that ben dreith is in heaven. (btw-cant remember if it was julius who got that bogus call-but regardless he was cheated out of being a likely Super Bowl Champion).

Ray "Sugarbear" Hamilton

Ray "Sugarbear" Hamilton
Duh! (Painful slap to forehead- but I deserved it). Jeez, I had bigtime brain fart. Only one of the most infamous plays in Boston sports history-and I saw it happen! Sheeee-it I'm getting old. Ranks up there with " bucky bleepin dent" for "infamous" calls. I prefer the "famous" to the "infamous". " havlicek steals the ball!" ," DJ to bird" ,Dave Roberts steal ,tuck play, Adams snow bowl kick," this is our fu**in town", " the butler did it!" And I saw every one of em. Got a feeling the Pats will give us one or two more this year

Damn. Condolences to his family.

Such sad news. An all time great Patriot. Prayers to his family.

Very sad news, RIP, respect and condolences to his family.

He was one of my first favorites also, I remember with a smile when he gave us the "we're gonna rip their faces off, uh huh" before Super Bowl XX. The ending wasn't storybook but for all the down times he and Hannah played through over their years, having them get to the championship was one of the things that made the run in 1986 so great. We lost a true champion for the Pats today.

Julius played well in the "trenches" for a long period, a favorite.

Kevin Turner
Sorry for the delay in posting; yeah I heard about Kevin Turner on the 2:00 drill during Moving the Chains. So sad, for a season (or 2?) Turner & Sam Gash were the best pair of FBs in the league. Unfortunately, the death of Julius Adams wasn't mentioned.

Very sad news, RIP, respect and condolences to his family.

He was one of my first favorites also, I remember with a smile when he gave us the "we're gonna rip their faces off, uh huh" before Super Bowl XX. The ending wasn't storybook but for all the down times he and Hannah played through over their years, having them get to the championship was one of the things that made the run in 1986 so great. We lost a true champion for the Pats today.
Julius made that famous, inspiring, loud (and brief) speech at the rally before we went down to Miami and ended the Orange Bowl Jinx. He is nothing short of a Patriots hero and belongs in the Pats' HOF.

Was, in fact, the AFC Champion in the NFLPA Arm Wrestling Championship in '75:

1975 NFLPA Arm Wrestling Championship

Robbed of the title (along with the rest of us) in '76.

4 1/2 sacks vs. Falcons on 12/4/77.

Pro Bowl in '80.

Jim Lee Hunt Memorial Award winner in '81.

Blocked von Schamann's FG attempt in the snow plow game in '82.

Tribute on YouTube:

Anyone who wants to help:

petition: Join The Coalition for the Permanent Restoration of The New England Patriots' Real Logo and Uniforms

Thank you.

Sad news.

RIP J.A.
Loved that 1976 Pat's team, including Julius, a big fan of his. I was 14 back then. Time truly flies. RIP Julius, my condolences to his family.

Yup! I became a Pat's Fan in '76 I was 16 because of Steve Grogan. That '76 team was really good and cool to watch. I actually still have my Spirited Patriots of '76 play by play season Gil Santos on vinyl album.

RIP J.A.

Think Kraft and family need to figure out how to include Julius Adams, Darryl Stingley and others in similar situations to get into the Pats Hall of fame.. as much as I like the selections and process, there needs to be a door for these guys who helped maintain this franchise during the "bad years" to gain entry.

Maybe a legacy pick every year.. not a lot of fans even remember Adams or Stingley....

Think Kraft and family need to figure out how to include Julius Adams, Darryl Stingley and others in similar situations to get into the Pats Hall of fame.. as much as I like the selections and process, there needs to be a door for these guys who helped maintain this franchise during the "bad years" to gain entry.

Maybe a legacy pick every year.. not a lot of fans even remember Adams or Stingley....

Yeah... it's funny how time works... my dad would talk about 40's Red Sox like Dave Boo Ferris or Dom DiMaggio, and I'd nod politely but not really get it. Now I talk to younger Pats fans about guys like JA and Stingley, and see them do the same thing. Circle of life, gentlemen.

They are not the "bad" years. It was hard, with ups and downs, but we were always prouder to root for the Pats than other lousy franchises no matter how many Super Bowls they won. Now being unable to celebrate, honor and induct Julius into the Pats' HOF before we lost him deeply hurts, but not as much as having our logo and uniforms destroyed in 1993. We should at least be able to turn on the TV and see the Patriots play, instead of the ridiculous, Ralph Kramden-constructed space suits that Tom Brady has been forced to wear for most of his stellar career now.

4071516_orig.jpg

petition: Join The Coalition for the Permanent Restoration of The New England Patriots' Real Logo and Uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back