PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Julian Edelman

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeShmoe

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
OK, i've been in the bar all day but i'm just not seeing enough love for this kid

He was a seventh round pick (232?), a college QB/RB, he's had to play as Welker is down and he's being thrown to by an undercooked Tom Brady, who obviously loves him in Wes' absence

I mean, come on, what this kid is doing is phenomenal

Last edited:
I love this guy. He has made some rookie mistakes, but when you consider that he is learning to be a receiver in the NFL, he has done a great job. Talk about on the job training. So far he has been the most productive pick in last years draft class.

Last edited:
Have not seen the lack of love...

I'm not so sure Tom loves him just yet. There was definitely a play last week, I think it was a 3rd down, where Edelman was WIDE open out of the slot and Brady didn't so much as glance at him, he went to somebody else instead and it was incomplete because of coverage.

He's doing very well considering the circumstances; people forget Welker wasn't even really Welker until he got here after a few years in the NFL.

When Welker is fully healthy and Brady is on his game, this passing offense is going to be scary. He and Welker are going to beasts underneath and major problems for defenses.

I love this pick... definitely a diamond in the rough.

Give him time. He has so much upside. He is even more dangerous w/ Welker in the line up.

OK, i've been in the bar all day
It's not yet 1:00 pm and it's the middle of the week Joe. Pace yourself or you'll never make it to kickoff on Sunday.

It's not yet 1:00 pm and it's the middle of the week Joe. Pace yourself or you'll never make it to kickoff on Sunday.

Maybe Joe works nights?

I envision JoeSchmoe at a swim-up bar in Cabo with an umbrella in his drink and surrounded by single, bikini-clad beautiful girls and here he in on his iPhone getting all mad because this forum hasn't shown the proper love for Julian Edelman.

This forum LOVES the guy. Put down the phone and talk to the babes!

Last edited:
Don't forget that Edelman was a QB in college, and now he's playing WR in the NFL. He has been pretty impressive.

The reason you're not seeing oozing love for him is because as a good a job as he's done, he isn't Wel Welker phenomenal yet. And Pats Fans have such high standards that they don't start showing love until a player is elite good. :snob:

For a guy who's never played WR, Edelman is doing an amazing job. However, this is the NFL, and he's got a lot of learning to do. He has a tendency to tip passes up when he doesn't make the catch... that's something he'll have to remedy ASAP. This guy is definitely a keeper.

Edelman is a keeper. He took the roster spot of Lewis who was signed to a long-term contract. He has been adequate as Welker's replacement. That's actually pretty good for a rookie 7th rounder who didn't play the position in college.

I expect that he will be competing for more reps at both receiver and returner for the 2010 season (likely with Tate). He was a fine pickup.

That being said, I expect Edelman to be inactive as soon as Welker is back.

Last edited:

Maybe he lives in Europe!

That being said, I expect Edelman to be inactive as soon as Welker is back.

I think they'll both be active this week in case Welker gets tweaked.

After that, Edelman might get his eyes on JG's spot in the line-up.

I think they'll both be active this week in case Welker gets tweaked.

After that, Edelman might get his eyes on JG's spot in the line-up.

Besides the Welker situation and when he is back in the lineup and without threat of re-injuring his knee. I see Edelman keeping his spot on the roster. Not quite ready to throw out Joey G w/ the trash but he does serve a purpose-that is to stretch the field which is something Edelman or anyone else besides Moss can do consistiently.

Edelman can KR/PR, provide coverage on P/K teams and be the 4th/5th WR in some particular sets w/ Welker. I dont want to even touch the whole Qb thing.

I don't want to over-inflate his value, but beyond his role in downs 1-3, he brings a lot to the table.

Last edited:
I love my Mini-Me.

He's a rookey playing a diff position than he played in college. He's going to make rookey mistakes and hopefully he is a quick learner. He made the roster which is something I didn't think possible.

OK, i've been in the bar all day but i'm just not seeing enough love for this kid

He was a seventh round pick (232?), a college QB/RB, he's had to play as Welker is down and he's being thrown to by an undercooked Tom Brady, who obviously loves him in Wes' absence

I mean, come on, what this kid is doing is phenomenal

If you think Tom Loves him because he's throwing to him, you might want to reconsider - He's just running Welkers routes in the game. And the Patriots play book includes a whole lot of Welker.

That being said - I like the kid and think he's gonna be a heck of a find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes