Welcome to PatsFans.com

Judge tosses Blackwater case

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInMaine, Dec 31, 2009.

1. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +161 / 7 / -13

I am sure this will be featured on all the MSNBC shows, and those on this board who prejudged these men will apologize for the way they slandered them.
  3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +62 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

We don't know what happened 13, but it never sounded to good. I always thought they acted like a bunch of unprofessional cowboys. Anyways the judge isn't saying their innocent.

Urbina's ruling does not say whether the shooting was proper, only that the government improperly used evidence to build the case. After the shooting, the State Department ordered the guards to explain what happened.
  4. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +161 / 7 / -13

We don't know what happened, but some of us presumed the guilt of these guys.

The judge has concluded that the government tried to railroad these guys.
  5. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +62 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I hope you realize i'm Very pro military, but from what i've seen and read i think they over reacted. Its one thing to be a professional soldier and do what you have to do , its another to shoot up a bunch of innocent civilians, which i think they may have done.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +192 / 4 / -6

I bet if they were poor black men, some people, not anyone in this forum, would say that an activist judge used technicalities to let them off. That said, I do not know enough about this case to have an opinion on the guard's guilt or innocence.
  7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +161 / 7 / -13

How do you know some of these ex soldiers weren't black?
  8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +192 / 4 / -6

I'm assuming they're not poor blacks, since they are both veterans and working for Blackwater, but you're right they might be black.
  9. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +887 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

Well yeah ... sure ... duh ... everyone knows they run faster. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I can't believe I'm reading this crap ...2010 needs to come quickly.
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +549 / 2 / -9

Obama runs that outfit now why doesn't he get rid of them, they are the same people different name..

Bush Blackwater Bad
    Obama Blackwater (new name) Good

Bush Wars Bad
    Obama Wars Good

Bush Vacations Bad
    Obama Vacations Good

Shop
    Coffee Cups
    Pictures
    Small Bench (entryway)?????
    Energy Saver Light (Shaws)
    Pants size 32/30
    Picture Of Jesus Christ
    Picture Of God
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -26

You are all aware that this stuff happened under the Bush administration and the Iraqi's are upset... the prosecutorial misconduct started with the Gonsalves reign... 2007.

It has nothing to do with guilt or innocence, it has to do with how the info was gathered... during the previous administration... they can be indicted again. How do you think the guy who already pled to this charge feels????

washingtonpost.com

12. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I bet if they were poor black men, some people, not anyone in this forum, would say they were profiled and framed by right wing racists but would then add that not all right wingers are racists.

That said I have no idea how the race card ever got into this Blackwater case thread.
  13. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Blackwater isn't military though. They're ex mercanaries that are hired by the government. Some of them are from other countries. That sounds like a match made in heaven, doesn't it? :singing: They get paid a lot more than regular troops too. They are the ones that usually do the real "dirty work" if you will. The questionable stuff. What happened in this thread is just another day for them.
  14. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Or Jews (well, most of them aren't poor, but, some actually are). But, they would be in the Mossad if they're Zionists.
  15. taltos

taltos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Patters, if these were poor black men off the street, they would not have had the job. The vast majority of people used by this company are combat vets, most with special operations experience.
  16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +549 / 2 / -9

It seems that the Bush Haters and most anti war liberlas don't care for these Blackwater Type outfits why doesn't Obama "Get Rid" of them after all shouldn't our president take care of the people who gave him his job isn't that why his groupies voted for him, TO SEE THE "CHANGE"

CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN (WHEN WILL IT COME, WHEN WILL IT EVEN START)

BUSH SMILES WHEN HE WATCHES THE NEWS
  17. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Didn't you read the link? These men made sworn statements where they basically admitted that they did what they were accused of. Those statements may not be fair game in court; but they sure are fair game in the court of public opinion, and now you think these murderers deserve an apology? Are you on drugs?
  18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Which is why the use of mercenary forces has to stop. It's not a great leap to corporations forming and deploying their own forces logos and all. What do we do then?

One also has to ask why we need these mercs. don't we have enough men in the armed forces? If not, why?
  19. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +62 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I just read this its pretty much what i rememberd. The Black water people said they heard a shot, it may have been or maybe it was a car backfiring. No one knows. I recall this took place on a rotory, cars were bumper to bumper, not one could gt out the BW guys started shooting at anything that moved.

Blackwater trial: 15 minutes of gunfire which left 17 dead | World news | The Guardian

"It was about noon", he recalled. ''I heard a bursts of fire enter the car in front of me. It caught fire and a lady and her son were killed. I tried to drive away down the wrong side of the road, but they shot at me and hit me in the arm."

There was screaming and blood all around as Iraqi police and soldiers tried to return fire on the Blackwater guards who had started the shooting.
  20. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +62 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

When i think of mercs i think of X-Navy,seals, Green Beret, British SAS etc. These guys were at most Marines who are very good at killing the enemy. And thats the problem, Marines are taught to follow orders, not think critically. IMO X special forces types would have assesed the situation before firing.. I think the Marines were more likely use force as they're default response.
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2010