Welcome to PatsFans.com

Judge Napolitano: First Patriot To Shoot Down A Government Spy Drone Will Be A Hero

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, May 16, 2012.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +371 / 4 / -2

Attack of the Drones.

[​IMG]

This is seriously messed up. The second video at the link discusses a privacy situation where looking over a fence at someone in their backyard, is a violation of privacy. Therefore, looking down into that backyard from above is so as well.

Judge Napolitano: First Patriot To Shoot Down A Government Spy Drone Will Be A Hero

Blasts illegal use of “plastic drones” to spy on Americans in their backyards

Steve Watson
    Infowars.com
    May 16, 2012

Judge Andrew Napolitano has warned Congress not to act “like potted plants” regarding the increased use of unmanned surveillance drones without warrants over US skies by military, government, and law enforcement agencies.

Echoing the recent comments of his Fox News colleague Charles Krauthammer, Napolitano also said that “The first American patriot that shoots down one of these drones that comes too close to his children in his backyard will be an American hero.”

» Judge Napolitano: First Patriot To Shoot Down A Government Spy Drone Will Be A Hero Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +299 / 3 / -13

Re: Judge Napolitano: First Patriot To Shoot Down A Government Spy Drone Will Be A He

Guess I'll have to camroflage all my pot plants I grow to make retirement money and don't have to pay taxes on.....oh well.:(

I say anyone with a gun who sees one should shoot it down regardless if it's threatening or not.

Quick story....an FBI agent came to my house last year to ask me questions about a neighbor's daughter who was vying for a job at the FBI. He asked me, "Do you mind if I come inside?" I told him that I did mind and I was working from my home office.

The worst thing one can do is invite a federal agent into their home when they have no reason to be there. I don't trust any of them.
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Re: Judge Napolitano: First Patriot To Shoot Down A Government Spy Drone Will Be A He

The state will go as far as we let them. The first person to shoot down a drone will be arrested and jailed and no one will give a damn. We should have said no to the expansion of police powers a long time ago. Law-and-order dorks and frightened parents who said we should let police take fingerprints of all children are now the same ones who say we can't trust the cops because...who knows? Same ones who applauded the Patriot Act are the ones saying the federal government is "destroying our liberties" and stuff. I wonder if Rush and Beck will applaud the ACLU when they file a lawsuit against the Obama Administration on this issue. What a conflict that would be.

Obviously drones in America are bad. REALLY REALLY bad. No one will do anything about it, though. We are sleeping sheep. What's on TV?

[​IMG]
  4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

Actualy a Tea Party guy Joe Barton and Lib Ed Markey have written a letter to the FAA asking questions about this. They both have misgivings (as do I) about domestic use of a military weapons system.

More drones take to the sky, like it or not | Privacy Inc. - CNET News
  5. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Picture Perfect
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +371 / 4 / -2

Same thing happened to my cousin. His friend worked for a company that was contracted to do work inside the White House, or there abouts, and he had to get checked out by the FBI in order to get clearance. They flew an agent into town just to talk to my cousin about his friend. The questioning was something my cousin wasn't comfortable with needless to say.

Dude, J-Lo is leaving Idol. WTF!?! :D Seriously, your post is spot on.
  7. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Fantastic post Wista and it went to 11 with the picture.
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -26

Most of this is under the guise of "homeland security"... that chip was cashed in a while ago..

"When freedom is outlawed, outlaws will be free"
  9. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +776 / 5 / -15

#87 Jersey

Used to shoot our BB guns at planes when I was a kid
    ... we thought we were close to hitting them :rofl: ... NOT!
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
  10. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +299 / 3 / -13

We did hit the planes with our BB guns....but we actually went to the airport to shoot them.:D
    Last edited: May 17, 2012
  11. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

That's nuts. It makes me wonder what rules we have for the use of satellites, which are also used for spying purposes. Obviously, there are rare cases where using a drone could make sense, but 30,000? What the F is that about? How in the world would they prevent abuses if there are that many drones?

That said, this news is being reported on Alex Jones' website, so we should take it with a large cup of salt. There are probably a lot of relevant facts that didn't make it into the story. Also from his website:

Fluoride is Not Safe, Despite CDC Claims
    The Elite Believe That You Are Ruining Their Planet And They Want You To Stop Reproducing
    ‘We Are Preparing For Massive Civil War’ Says DHS Informant
    Last edited: May 17, 2012
  12. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Ok guys the FAA isn't charged with protecting peoples' privacy. Its their job to prevent planes from smashing into each other and then crashing down onto your house. You might as well chase after the IRS or the head of the Smithsonian to get these drones to leave you alone. Each has the same authority to deal with privacy concerns as the FAA has.

FAA=aviation safety.

Some other government agency=privacy.

btw that other government agency ain't the Supreme Court as long as Scalia and Thomas are on board. They don't believe there's such a thing as a right to privacy for Americans.
  13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

Change We Can Believe In
    Yes We Can
  14. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +186 / 2 / -2

All of this gets very interesting, but I think it's often complicated more than it needs to be. To me, if it would be an illegal search for a cop to look over a fence or use binoculars, same should go for hovering in a helicopter and same should go for an unmanned drone or satellite. The technology used shouldn't change the underlying principle.

I do find it interesting that this is a topic where conventional "left" and "right" can come together or even switch their usual allegiances. Opposition to the "Patriot Act" (nice name) often got one labeled a traitor and brought up questions / points like "you've got nothing to worry about if you're not doing anything wrong." Nice to see people come together to a more libertarian pov on this one.
  15. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I think Bill Belichick has dibs on a few dozen of them. Goddell is busy right now crafting a memo prohibiting their use on the sidelines:rolleyes: