PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Judge Doty chimes in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great insight, RWeathers and Ice-Ice. Thanks!

If I understand you correctly, you feel that Doty is saying that Goodell is concentrating everything on Article 46 without understanding the entirety of the CBA.

This would go counter to the plethora of writings the past several months saying that the NFLPA screwed the pooch with this CBA.

If I understand you correctly, you feel that Doty is saying that Goodell is concentrating everything on Article 46 without understanding the entirety of the CBA.

This would go counter to the plethora of writings the past several months saying that the NFLPA screwed the pooch with this CBA.

Are you deliberately trying to misunderstand everything just so you can troll the thread, or are you really this ignorant about how law and CBAs work?

Are you deliberately trying to misunderstand everything just so you can troll the thread, or are you really this ignorant about how law and CBAs work?

I wrote that I am not a lawyer and am trying to find out.

It must be very dark in your life to have to write something like that, though.

I wrote that I am not a lawyer and am trying to find out.

It must be very dark in your life to have to write something like that though.

The post I quoted was clearly you trolling or having absolutely no comprehension about how contracts and the law work. My question was, given that obvious context, did you even know what you were taking about in the first place.

And my life is just fine. I'm not trolling in the middle of the afternoon on an issue this serious for the team.

How in the world was Shmessy's post trolling?

And what's wrong with not being knowledgeable, he cleary said "If I understand you correctly" and gave his interpretation, and when you preface a statement with that it is generally asking for clarity, admitting he's not the subject matter expert.

Kessler should have said yes to jail time for Goodell

Aug 31st
Judge Berman:Thomas Brady
Brady: Present your Honor
Judge Berman:Roger Goodell...Roger Goodell Where the hell is Roger Goodell ?
Kessler:He is doing time in Minny your Honor
Judge Berman: For what?
Kessler:For LIEING

So is Goddells hearing in MN over ?

And what's wrong with not being knowledgeable, he cleary said "If I understand you correctly" and gave his interpretation, and when you preface a statement with that it is generally asking for clarity, admitting he's not the subject matter expert.

I'm sure Deus has reasons for the way he addresses people.

In the meantime, I very much appreciate the great posts that have been helpful to me in getting a better understanding of what Doty was saying here today.

As another poster used to have as his signature "I am here to learn"!

I said it was one or the other.

And what's wrong with not being knowledgeable,

Nothing

he cleary said "If I understand you correctly" and gave his interpretation, and when you preface a statement with that it is generally asking for clarity, admitting he's not the subject matter expert.

If you've paid attention to Shmessy posting over the years, you know that he often posts like that as a way to troll. That's why I posted that it was one or the other.

Whoa, who p*ssed in your Cheerios this morning? He asked a reasonable question that many others probably thought along the same lines and wanted the same information. Not a troll at all.

Man, if we had got the case filed earlier in MN.

Yea honestly I don't understand how that's fair or legal... the side issuing the ruling through arbitration releases the official ruling while at the exact same time has someone filing the appeal papers to the court a nano second later?

That means the NFL can dictate where an appeal is heard before there is even an appeal! I still don't understand how that worked in their favor.. what did they file with Bermans court exactly?

Yea honestly I don't understand how that's fair or legal... the side issuing the ruling through arbitration releases the official ruling while at the exact same time has someone filing the appeal papers to the court a nano second later?

That means the NFL can dictate where an appeal is heard before there is even an appeal! I still don't understand how that worked in their favor.. what did they file with Bermans court exactly?
To confirm their decision/appeal ruling ...which now they are telling Berman he is no right to rule on :D

I'm saying Doty is embarrassing Goodell for not understanding the CBA as a lawyer would have otherwise.

I was trying to be helpful and being very straighforward by literally interpreting what I thought Doty implied in the article.

Not to pile on but I agree with @Deus Irae. You have a tendency to issue unwarranted sarcasm and mask it as a genuine response.

I enjoy Smessy's sense of humor. He can provide a nice counter/buffer point to some of the... stronger personalities who run amok over threads and other posters. Heck, sometimes I think the Moderators here are a little too mature.

animal_jam_banned_forever_by_ask_the_shiny_mew-d8f7y10.png

Last edited:
Not sure that one-liner will help Brady at all. IANAL, but it seems that will HURT Brady's case.

In Brady's case the NFL is basing EVERYTHING on the CBA.

If their understanding of the CBA is wrong, then it helps Brady totally..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes