Welcome to PatsFans.com

Judge Bars 'Intelligent Design' From Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Dec 20, 2005.

1. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

eat it freaks

3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

"To be sure, Darwin's theory of evolution is imperfect," Judge Jones wrote. "However, the fact that a scientific theory cannot yet render an explanation on every point should not be used as a pretext to thrust an untestable alternative hypothesis grounded in religion into the science classroom or to misrepresent well-established scientific propositions."

That about says it for me. Amazing how he sums it up in one sentence.

4. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

These bozos are still holding on to this along with the rest of the Bush clogs. They assume because God told him to endorse it, it must be science. Even though, of course, he couldn't put a cogent sentence together, Bush knows ID is for real.

chuckleheads...gotta love these morons.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/callahan/callahan150.html

Last edited: Dec 20, 2005
  5. Seymour93

Seymour93 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Let me again give thanks that we have an independent judiciary in this country that's looking out for the welfare and freedoms of my family. George Bush chastizing fascism and failing Domestic Tests would be the antithethis of what a leader should do in wartime.

Imagine if these effete, limp appendaged whiners in the Evangelical Movement, scared of boogeymen judges were around when Lincoln took his executive action or during the challenging days of the Constitutional Convention. We'd be speaking Latin or Aramaic with a Southern drawl.

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +809 / 26 / -33

This is exactly why we have a constitution and it has survived for 225+ years, to violate in any situation is blatantly unamerican and against what is right about this country. I am sure the activist judges arguments will start once again, as mundain as that is, most of us know that is what they are supposed to be doing interpreting the constitution.

7. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So basically you're all celebrating the fact that a certain subject cannot even be taught nor discussed in a classroom. I guess we've come full circle now from the Scopes Monkey Trial.

Tell me exactly how teaching kids about intelligent design equates to a government establishing a state religion?

While I'm not a catholic nor am I very religious, I see this as wrong. I think children should be taught everything and left to make up their own minds about what they believe.

8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +563 / 22 / -19

Turd, Intelligent Design is nothing but repackaged Creationism. It certainly is worthy of discussion in a religious studies class, but not in a science class. The overwhelming majority of scientists do not regard I.D. as legitimate, and those who do are almost exclusively religious and Christian. There's nothing wrong with presenting the issues or limitations of Darwinism in science class, but to present I.D. as science does a disservice to students.

9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,114 / 3 / -10

I wouldn't touch this one with a ten foot pole. I would be banned from the whole internet and maybe put in front of a firing squad.

10. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 50 / -7

#75 Jersey

Regardless of the subject matter, it is terrible policy to have a judge replace the curriculum instituted by a locally elected school board.

Schools should be local, I don't think that anyone wants some judge to tell them what to teach their children. Imagine if the 9th circuit gets a hold of your shild's school curriculum, Heather has two Mommies, will replace ALgebra.

11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,114 / 3 / -10

Elton John is getting married (tee hee) is Elton the Bride or the Groom?

"Mommy"
    "Yes dear"
    "Whos that Man over there"
    "Shh, that's Elton Johns Wife"
    "Oh"

12. CPF

CPF Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

AAB, I don't know why an intelligent person such as yourself feels the need to drench your comments in ad hominem attack. We all know you disagree with the I.D movement and that you are a passionate supporter of the ToE, but do we really need all of the antagonism? Can't we have civil, intelligent discussion on this matter? http://www.arn.org/blogs/index.php/3/2005/12/21/the_dover_intelligent_design_decision_pa http://www.arn.org/blogs/index.php/3/2005/12/21/dover_court_establishes_state_materialis Take care.

13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,114 / 3 / -10

I notice that are a lot of "intelegent people" on this forum, you have probably guessed by now by some of my posts that I am a "sreet kid" that "quit school" in the eighth grade.

There is some thing that has always bothered me that people with brains can never seem to give me a straight answer on.

Question:
    Bugs, fish, animals, snakes, and humans all have a mouth, then above the mouth there is a nose, then above the nose there are eyes.

WHY?

14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,114 / 3 / -10

And The Answer Is??????