PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Judge at least initially rejects the concussion settlement

In the end, Commissioner Goodell, Jeff Pash and Brad Karp will be brought to task by the court for trying to roll over the players and leave the public to foot the bill.

sounds like an organized criminal conspiracy...

The girl's letter about her father getting kicked out of a facility is very familiar. My father suffered from Dementia and was a very strong person for his age. They go through phases and can sometimes get very aggressive when irritated. In fact, in my father's case, most drugs to calm him down made him more aggressive. We had to get him special care because he was kicked out of a couple facilities himself and even attacked my mother several times (something he would never do if healthy).

I can imagine how tough it would be for one of these ex-NFL guys who, in all likelihood, get it at a much younger age. It can be a serious issue for families. I can imagine that there are lots of places that don't want to take these guys because of their physical strength and they are a serious problem for families as well. I feel for this girl because I know from experience how difficult and draining caring for someone with Dementia/Alzheimer's can be.

The other thing is that they can live for many years with this condition. My father died at 93 after suffering for close to a dozen years. In fact, it wasn't until the last 6 months that many facilities would even handle him because of his functional ability.

I saw this from Matt Chatham yesterday and thought it was worth passing along:

Is it curious that the reported $800M asking price being shopped for eight Thursday night NFL games is so similar to the concussion settlement number?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back