PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JT the Brick.......Pats win SB...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of Ben Dreith

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I'm one of the guys who puts absolutely no....repeat no.....creedence in what these radio hosts say.....however.....JT is unusually smart this year...

He is picking the Pats to win the SB for all the right reasons......great offense with Brady/Moss going nuts and the recognition that the Pats have been stockpiling defense the last few drafts.....and he wraps it up with Bill being the coaching maestro.

Damn.....its all BS....but still nice to hear the respect.

Someone from the media who isn't saying the Pats are average? Must have been an off day ;)

While the SB is obviously the highest of expectations and even me one of the more optomistic guys will say that is a bit high but IMO it is much closer than the 8-8 or 9-7 at best that plenty have been spewing and the reasons stated are pretty much why predicting mediocracy at best for this team is foolish. Bottom line is when you have BB, Brady, surround brady with offensive skill, and Surround BB with young (though his best Ds consisted of wiley vets) defensive talent and it would seem to mean good things but not by the haters out there.

I agree with The brick. Pow.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Pats defense could all of a sudden gel and they would be really tough, or it could take awhile and they could be a 10 win team..

Or they might really tank on D and end up with 7 or 8 wins.

If the OL gives Brady time...he's gonna have a monster year.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Pats defense could all of a sudden gel and they would be really tough, or it could take awhile and they could be a 10 win team..

Or they might really tank on D and end up with 7 or 8 wins.

If the OL gives Brady time...he's gonna have a monster year.

I am scared optimistic Cousins.
I think on paper our defense is not as good as last year (ON PAPER). Last year we all expected Bruschi (before he retired) to take up the lead, Green and Thomas have a top year and the last few be an apparition. New CB Bodden to become Ty Law. Merriweather and/or Chung to become Rodney. Mayo to become what he was the previous year and the D to be stout......wrong. Green and Thomas were flops, Bodden was not bad, Merriweather improved but still too many stupid plays. Mayo gets hurt and he is not the same. Guyton has the "deer in the headlights syndrome" and our best past rusher is our own retread TC.

Cut some slack because of the knee but most QBs in the league would have killed for TBs "mediocre " year.
The problem in 2010 is still a lot of F.O. mistakes. The drama on Vince was not necessary and cost them more in the end. The deal could have been done way sooner. Brady, Mankins et. al are just typical of an F.O. that does not do their job. Yep, I said it. They wait until the last minute and bad blood is boiling and it ALWAYS cost them more money in the end. It does not take a Mensa candidate to figure this out.

Yes, we have lost three potential starters to injury for 2010 that were pretty good players (McGowan did start). In the end , the F.O. did a horrible job in FA this year (no koolaid here!). It's not just the draft Cousins. It's the parts and pieces that you can get that make up the Team. Look at how the Saints were made up last year if you doubt that works. Look at 07 here.

Nobody here will agree 100% on the talent that could have been obtained but the F.O. crew were sound asleep on a few decent pieces. They missed big time on Bolden (How many think Tate and Price are 100% ready to be NFL starters?). Why not TJ? I still say think of the future and maybe Jackson is a good long term WR threat if Moss goes (I hope not!). Let's not put our eggs in the basket with two unproven rookies (I hope I am wrong). Tashard or Barber can be had for a choice and we are wasting draft choice pieces on ST LBs. If that was the big need, keep Woods. Even BB can't be thrilled with our RB situation. We are picking up third string OT players to fill our roster....what?

Now let's go to the other side. John Henderson was a steal for Oakland as was Wimbley. Two needs that we wiffed on. I know there are Carriker bashers but I am sorry, he is better than Mike Wright or Gerald Warren. I would even consider (I said consider) Haynsworth who is cheap money now.
Matt Wilhelm was just cut. They said he was having a superb camp but the money got in the way. Isn't he a better OLB fit than a Murrell? I see him as a BB type experienced smart player.

You have disgruntled Manny Lawson who could be part of a Mankins trade. How about Osi? There is a kid named Nick Reed who was just cut from that wild man Carroll for numbers reasons on an IR settlement, but he is fine. A great pass rusher. Why is a kid like that not here? In 07 we paid attention to the FA market and trades. What is the F.O. problem?

Draft choices are great but I cannot understand why some Cousins are so charmed by them as THE ANSWER? We just got rid of a few 3rd and 4th rounders. If we bank on those to turn our team up another notch, we are not using our common sense. Choices are about 17% successful. I like a proven product. Nothing is an exact science. Thomas had a decent first year then crapped out, Rosie got injured but Moss and Welker and in the past Vrabel, Rodney, Seau and more recent Bodden just to name a few, were not bad pick ups.

I am scared because I think the F.O. did not do enough to make this this Team better. Younger? yes. It's like we are in "Secret Double Rebuilding Mode".

I guess time will tell but we are very thin on our defense and back ups are ST guys at best.

I want to be wrong here.
DW Toys

Last edited:
I am scared optimistic Cousins.
I think .........

I want to be wrong here.
DW Toys

Red headed stepchild,
I think you are probably wrong often........

Finally someone is showing the Pats some respect.

I have little respect of JT the Brick so I really can't say I am excited for his pick. Maybe he has become enlightened since the last time I listened to him.

I wouldn't read anything into it.

First off I find him unlistenable - I have succeeded in avoiding his show for several years now. He would cut fans off who had something intelligent to say and then ramble on about how he needed controversy to keep ratings up and to keep listeners tuned in. If that's what you're looking for great, but I'll say no thanks to that style.

Second, I recall him proudly letting listeners know he was born and raised in New York, greatest city in the world, everything is better there, etc., and was very obviously a fan of New York sports teams based on his remarks.

That tells me one of two things. Perhaps he's a Giants fan trying to get under the skin of Jets fans - Giant and Jet fans can't stand each other. Or he's just playing the role of the contrarian, trying to stir up controversy and get people to call in and debate about the AFC East. In so doing he would be playing to two very big sports markets, New York and Boston, to boost his ratings.

Of course there is a third possibility, that he actually believes what he said. Maybe he legitimately sees something with the Jets he doesn't like and honestly thinks the Pats will win the division. But I think one of the two things mentioned above is more likely to be the reason for his comments.

Overall, even with the youth, this D is a better D than last year, especially in the secondary...... a minor adjustment in defensive philosophy from the coaching staff is all that it will take for success to happen.

What makes you think this year's D is better than last year's D? For all their numerous problems last year, they ranked #5 in the league in scoring defense, and #11 in yardage defense. Thus, they were between above average and very good. (hard to believe, but that's what the stats say)

So do you think this defense will be better than that? If so, what's the rationale?

Who in the blue hell is JT The Brick?

He's the overnight sports guy for the Fox Sports radio network. It used to be syndicated on WEEI, but I don't think he is on locally anymore.

EDIT: He may be on 98.5

Last edited:
He's the overnight sports guy for the Fox Sports radio network. It used to be syndicated on WEEI, but I don't think he is on locally anymore.

He's on 98.5 in that slot. I listen to him once in a while before passing out. The show is entertaining and sometimes pretty good. What I like is that he keeps the program moving and doesn't dwell on one topic for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back