PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JSn, the accidental Canadian bandwagoner.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Jason and I'm from Ontario, Canada where the closest thing to an NFL home team is the the Bills or Lions (yeah, I know). I followed football very loosely in the 90's in school as a sports card junkie.

In 2006 I visited Boston for the first time (having already been a Canadian East Coast junkie for years) to see the Extreme reunion show at the outdoor stage (I forget the name of it) and fell in love with the city.

The next day I managed to hit cheers and having grown up watching it and now watching the series DVD's again, it was a cool thing for me.

Anyway, I saw Boston as the city I'd live in if I ever get the chance.

Last spring some kids at the youth centre I work at were playing Madden '07 and it looked fun, so I played it (using the Bengals, the only team I could really remember).

We decided to have a tournament and I had to choose a team. I asked sheepishly if there was a Boston team and chose them.

As I got more into the game I started watching real football and of course I watched the Patriots and when I could, the Bengals. Adding to that a friend of mine who has been an avid NFL fan for years and years was mourning the loss of Wes Welker to my newly adopted favourite team, so we watched together as the ex-Dolphin made defenses look amateur. He cried, I cheered.

Obviously whenever a "true" fan found out I was a new fan last year, I got the shrug off.

So after being called a bandwagoner for months, and sticking with the Boston ship despite the SB loss only to revel in a Celtics championship, I'm still here, in for the long haul and in two weeks my wife and I are visiting Boston for our tenth anniversary. I wish there were a player appearance listed, but sadly, none.

Anyway, that's why I'm here and I look forward to getting into the conversation once I get to a level of understanding that fits in.

Regards,
Jason

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. See if you can delay your visit by two weeks and then make it out to watch the Pats Training camp (free) in Foxboro. It's a great take.

Welcome. It's good that you get your seat on the bandwagon early. Seats will be filling up once the season get's near.

Welcome!!

I am posting to get my total up enough to get into the arcade, but also wanted to say welcome to the party. Just be prepared for everybody outside of New England to hate you and call you a cheater. It's all good though!!

EMBRACE THE HATE IN 08!!!

Haha, no worries. I had to listen to it all last season.

Nice slogan, btw.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back