PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joyner Article on Pats Secondary on ESPN Insider

Status
Not open for further replies.

primetime

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
For those of you without insider, he basically says Hobbs has looked very good, but Samuel's below average. However, he thinks that the Patriots' secondary has looked better due to a weaker schedule, not the defensive backs suddenly looking good (though he does acknowledge that Starks was awful and the defense has improved since he left), and he points to poor metrics against the Saints and Chiefs in the second half of the season (the two best passing teams they faced).

As an aside, if I was an owner of a new team, this would be the first guy I would call to be my GM... it's worth a chance. Very Moneyballish, devising his own statistical analysis system to break down passing games, which is actually quite accurate (he called Branch one of the best receivers in the league in his book). I'm not sure what he'd do about the running game, but still. And to think that this guy was doing this out of his house as a hobby up until last year, when he put out his book and then got a column on ESPN.com. Pretty amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes