Welcome to PatsFans.com

Josh McDaniels

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Ceresco, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Ceresco

Ceresco Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Called a great game today.
  2. edgecy

edgecy Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No argument here. The offense was working like a machine today. Glad to see Doug Gabriel is online, and extremely glad to see Reche is okay
  3. Poll

Poll Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That reverse was perfect.
  4. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +367 / 6 / -8

#75 Jersey

We'll see. It's a work in progress.

Our receivers are different, (non smurfs) and different routes are called for.

Let's give him credit, since I dump on him not knowing what I'm talking about.:D

My key of the game, bend don't break in 1st half. Totally outplayed in the 1st half but up by a point. That allowed us to establish the run.
  5. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Makes me wonder if my complaints about playcalling the last few weeks were more about execution. The offense just executed nearly perfectly all day.
  6. zippo59

zippo59 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The playcalling was good today. I agree the offensive problems were more about execution and lack of familiarity than poor play calling.

NEM said relying on the run wouldn't work. I wonder what he has to say about the biggest team running output in 13 years!
  7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

When you run for less than 50 yards your finished. All the crap everyone complained about was because Denver had 8 guys in the box because they knew we were not ready to beat it.

I've been posting here since 2001 and I've said the last 4 or 5 years that what we see by game 6 is the team...everything before that is an extension of camp and exhibition season.

Of course seeing Jackson and Gabriel out there doesn't hurt at all.
  8. FloridaPatsFan

FloridaPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I was thinking during the game that Mcdaniel opened up the playbook...possibly because of Brady's post game chat with Pioli?

Way to go Pats, and good job Mcdaniel on the playcalling today.
  9. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

No doubt, right on with both points. I'd take it even further and say we won't really know how good this team is until week 10. Rookie wideouts take a while to make an impact, so CJ won't be a big contributor until later. Plus, I think Ghost is going to get more and more comfortable. He was clearly rattled when he took that 48 yd field goal, it was nice to see him have an opportunity to get a chipshot later in the game and just get some confidence back.

Not to mention the fact, Ghost's huge leg on the kickoffs has already been HUGE, IMO.

They really limited CJ's role today. Obviously, they are just breaking him in. I can't remember if I said it in this thread or another, but I noticed he was on the field for two of their larger pass plays, in both cases, the play went in the other direction and a man was open.
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2006
  10. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

He'll say the same thing he said through 3 Superbowl runs and back to back 14-2 seasons and 21 in a row...winning doesn't effect NEM's philosophy.

:blahblah: stupid OC :blahblah:
  11. Alk

Alk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Yes yes but we must give the devil his due. If NEM were running the show, the Patriots would have scored at least 138 points today.
  12. Ceresco

Ceresco Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

:agree: :rofl:
  13. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Or it could be as Brady told the broadcast crew in their pre game meeting because Doug Gabriel finally got to practice all week. Playcalling is seldom the real issue with this team - it's all about execution. And it's tough to execute at a high level with consistency when you are working largely with rookies and guys who have been injured and guys who took the red eye to join the team in week 1...
  14. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

we all know cincy has a poor run defense and that's why the pats shredded them. pittsburg did it the week before. i'm sure the pats can shred indy also. i think they had difficulty last week against denver is because the denver lb's are so quick, plus the pats realistically has no wr threat. we did see gabriel start making some pays at the end of the denver game and it continued today which is a good sign.

the pats will need to figure out how to move the ball when the run gets shut down again, but today they're riding high.

let's not get too high, not too low. it would have been nice to get a turnover in the first half, but at least they got two critical one and got points off of them.
  15. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Hey. Don't be a buzzkill. This game was a sweet, sweet victory.

20 bucks says Rodney screamed "Nobody ever believed in us!!!" walking into the locker room after the game.
  16. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

good point, enjoy it all night and tomorrow start preparing for miami
  17. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

A great stat by years end will be this. Compared to 2005 the percentage of time teams started inside the 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 last year and this year.

One thing about vinateiri...and I posted on it several times. What good is a clutch kicker when your defending your goal all the time starting from their 35 or 40 yard line. Too many times teams merely had to go 30 or 40 yards only to kick a FG.
  18. Patriotic Fervor

Patriotic Fervor Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Yes, I agree.

When Cinci went up 6-0 on the second FG, my impression was the Pats had an excellent chance in the game, all they had to do was put some points on the board.

While Cincinatti displayed some confidence in the early going, it was apparent they weren't going to push us all over the field. In fact, I wondered if they were going to have much success pushing their way into Patriot territory at all. Those field goals represented stalled drives, and that's the stuff of momentum.

The Pats came out fired up and obviously wanted to play football.

In the past, that's usually been the formula for success.
  19. PatsFan37

PatsFan37 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -1

#37 Jersey

For the answer to that question, ask Tony Dungy how he liked their field position today. That was a clear example of why Gostkowski won the job over Martin. And maybe why older kickers become a liability -- they have to sit out too many games.