PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh McDaniels will likely become a HC next season - Norv Turner a good replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Josh McDaniels will likely become a HC next season - Norv Turner a good replacem

If someone wants to make a head coach of someone who's never been a position coach (qb coach with vinny only) good luck to them.

Belichick will probably train an intern (his classmate?) to call plays.

Last edited:
Re: Josh McDaniels will likely become a HC next season - Norv Turner a good replacem

I think theres virtually no chance Josh remains with this team next season,The way the offense is simply toying with its competition all season is putting Josh high up on other teams looking for a new HC next season.

While I think Josh is an o.k. OC and in reality a product of the talented players he has to work with,He still will probably be top dog on the list for teams wanting to change thier fortunes next year like St. Louis,Washington,San Diego,Houston and even possibly Miami if Huizenga gets embarrassed with an 0-16 campaign but I think he will probably keep Cam around for another season so I think there still are several teams wanting to take Josh away like those I mentioned.

I think San Diego will definately fire Norv shortly after this campaign unless the Chargers somehow find a way to get serious in/if they make the playoffs.

That leaves the chance that Josh may end up in San Diego and Norv would be available for a position in the NFL,If Norv does become available and Josh leaves would it be a good move to get Norv as OC?

Norv has been a horrid HC but a very good OC

Should this scenerio happen,Would you want Norv in charge of this offense?

WTF????

You have WAY too much time on your hands.

Mickey D is benefitting from one of the best offenses ever.

Kind of obvious, but, I had to say it.

I could do what he does and succeed... I guarantee it.

Maybe even you could.:D

BB and Josh discuss play selection

joe-winch1.JPG

Why in hell would Josh McDaniels leave the greatest job anyone could possibly ask for?

Money?

More responsibility?

And end up on the opposite side of the field of the New England Patriots? Trying to figure out how not to embarrass yourself on TV?

Josh will be a HC someday, but for now, he is not stupid enough to want to leave the greatest offensive weapons ever assembled on one team.

Norvaway!!

I disagree.

AJ Smith is too arrogant to admit that he made a head coaching mistake. San Diego will stay with Turner.

Now take San Diego off of that list of teams and do see any team that he would seriously consider?

Not likely. He will stay and gain more experience and have his pick of teams when he is ready. He won't make the same mistake as some of his predecessors.

I disagree.

AJ Smith is too arrogant to admit that he made a head coaching mistake. San Diego will stay with Turner.

Now take San Diego off of that list of teams and do see any team that he would seriously consider?

Not likely. He will stay and gain more experience and have his pick of teams when he is ready. He won't make the same mistake as some of his predecessors.

What makes you think AJ Smith will have a job? :bricks:

There is no way, IMO, that Josh McDaniel will be a HC next year. He may be on his way to getting some consideration in the next few years, but it is way too soon.
To answer your other question, no, I do not want Norv Turner here. We would promote from within. Mangurian would be my guess.

I said the same thing about Mangini, and look where he is now... If Mcdaniels leaves, look for him to go to Cincy...

Yup, look where Mangini is now, financially set for life. He may get time to learn to be a HC, as Romeo is doing, more likely not. He could have made a living carrying Bill's jock strap for a couple of more years. Instead, he's off on his own, financially stable, taking abuse in NY. I suspect that he is happy with his decision, as is Romeo. Charlie, the richest of them all, is embarrassed, but has to happy with his decision.

I think that Josh will stay, but the money would be hard to turn down, even though he is far from ready to be a head coach. At very least, he should coach on the defensive side for a year.

With regard to Turner, Belichick's son has a better chance of getting the job. We don't need a new offense.

The reality is that Josh isn't all that good at his job. He's learning, and he's OK, but Belichick, dante and tom are doing much of the heavy lifting, which is fine with one and all. Of course, pioli made the big difference, getting josh morris, welker, stallworth, kyle brady and moss.

I said the same thing about Mangini, and look where he is now... If Mcdaniels leaves, look for him to go to Cincy...

I think theres virtually no chance Josh remains with this team next season,The way the offense is simply toying with its competition all season is putting Josh high up on other teams looking for a new HC next season.

While I think Josh is an o.k. OC and in reality a product of the talented players he has to work with,He still will probably be top dog on the list for teams wanting to change thier fortunes next year like St. Louis,Washington,San Diego,Houston and even possibly Miami if Huizenga gets embarrassed with an 0-16 campaign but I think he will probably keep Cam around for another season so I think there still are several teams wanting to take Josh away like those I mentioned.

I think San Diego will definately fire Norv shortly after this campaign unless the Chargers somehow find a way to get serious in/if they make the playoffs.

That leaves the chance that Josh may end up in San Diego and Norv would be available for a position in the NFL,If Norv does become available and Josh leaves would it be a good move to get Norv as OC?

Norv has been a horrid HC but a very good OC

Should this scenerio happen,Would you want Norv in charge of this offense?

You can't be serious.....are you sure your a pats fan?:rolleyes:

Some team may think he's a good offensive coach, but a HC has a ton of responsibilities and even some guys who are HC's now don't handle that well. A team offereing him a HC job would have to think he was ready to take that on. Maybe he doesn't even think he's ready to take that on. He's been with tha Patriots for 7 years, but wasn't even a position coach until 2004. Being an OC he gets direction from the king of HC's and has no other responsibilties but the O and I guess he still gets a lot of help with that from BB and others with gameplanning, etc. I'd be surprised if HE thought he was ready.

Why in hell would Josh McDaniels leave the greatest job anyone could possibly ask for?

Money?

More responsibility?

And end up on the opposite side of the field of the New England Patriots? Trying to figure out how not to embarrass yourself on TV?

Josh will be a HC someday, but for now, he is not stupid enough to want to leave the greatest offensive weapons ever assembled on one team.

Opportunities need to be grabbed, not passed up. Especially when an opportunity will raise your salary by at least 5x for a few years, probably more.

And you are assuming our offense will be this good for more than one year... remains to be seen, in fact is unlikely.

As to Norv Turner... hopefully Moss will still be here next year, and I doubt he'd give much love to Turner. Moss got 1005 yards in 2005 with the Raiders with Turner as coach, but that was still a down year for him and they finished 4-12.

Norv Turner????????????????????????? Absolutely not. Puhleaze. McDaniels would be foolish to leave now. What's the rush? He will be able to get a job anytime he wants over the next 3-5 years. Why not stick around and add a couple super bowl rings to his coaching resume the same way Belichick got a couple as the DC for the Giants? McDaniels is younger than Brady for crying out loud. He has plenty of time to become a head coach and I'm sure he can still learn a lot more things from the master. I don't think he is going anywhere, but maybe I'm being naive.

I can see a college program coming after him pretty hard. UCLA will have an opening. So will Nebraska. LSU will likely lose their coach to Michigan but I don't think they'd offer him anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back