PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh McDaniels Hires His Kid Brother

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we know mini McDaniels is a bad coach and ****** how?

So the kid gets a break, you need that. Good luck to him, doesn't mean he isn't a capable coach with potential just because he's his bro. Not like it's a top position anyway.

Last edited:
Offensive Assistant is an entry level gopher-in-training job (somebody has to keep paper in the copy machine). Big woof.

And we know mini McDaniels is a bad coach and ****** how?

So the kid gets a break, you need that. Good luck to him, doesn't mean he isn't a capable coach with potential just because he's his bro. Not like it's a top position anyway.

I'll call this Cassel-syndrome. Player only has HS experience, so I say he's never going to make it, but then has a huge year. Shame on me. Coach only has HS experience, but now I think he has a chance to have a huge year. Shame on you.

Offensive assistant (in charge of dunkin donut coffee runs)

This is just like Rod Marinelli hiring his son in law Joe Barry... or similar to corporate examples of people hiring family within large companies. It almost never works unless your last name is Kraft.

I'll call this Cassel-syndrome. Player only has HS experience, so I say he's never going to make it, but then has a huge year. Shame on me. Coach only has HS experience, but now I think he has a chance to have a huge year. Shame on you.

Not even close. Cassel backed up two Heisman winners and was nearly the starter, then went to back up Brady. Not even close to some random coach with no experience being around the college or pro level.

Not even close. Cassel backed up two Heisman winners and was nearly the starter, then went to back up Brady. Not even close to some random coach with no experience being around the college or pro level.
Yeh, like Charlie Weis hired for the same kind of job by Bill Parcells, from his job coaching at a high school in Jersey.

Good to see the sinking ship is underway, smart move to hire your younger brother who only has HS experience, and use nepotism instead of meritocracy....

ProFootballTalk.com - SENIOR BOWL JOB CONVENTION IS ‘CRAZY’

Yes. And McDaniels put him in such the highly regarded position of Offensive Assistant. ....................................

HUH? You are making a big stink over an Offensive ASSISTANT position. You do realize that the guy will be doing a lot of SCUT work, yes?

Why don't you rant and rave about the assistants that Belichick has hired previously? You know. Guys that only have experience PLAYING the game or as coaching assistants in college.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...10603-whats-update-replacing-pioli-page3.html

Just a minor difference: Belichick has done it before many times and had success, and also picks people with at least NFL or college coaching experience. That is a LOT different from hiring your kid brother out of high school ranks.

Last edited:
Did McDaniels spit in your face one time when you asked him for an autograph?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back