PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh McDaniel, I'd like to introduce you to a screen pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeping the incredible threat of Moss alive gives us a lot of options in the playoffs.

Up 28-0, who knows what the game plan was? People used to always criticize Weiss for plays that went nowhere in the 1st quarter, then he faked them and opened something else in the 4th.

Maybe a play that draws triple coverage to Moss leads to a wide open Gaffney or Stallworth in the playoffs. One big play at the right time is often the difference between champs and also rans.

I've got to think they're setting up the game tapes for the opposition with a 28 point lead.

Im definitely thinking like youre thinking. The point is, we know what we think, but NOONE here really knows what those guys think. But I guarantee there's a purpose.

Can I get a second for biggest "douchebag thread" of the week here.

Gee, I wonder if the OC knows how to run the ****ing screen pass? What a dumb ****ing statement. :rolleyes:

Can I get a second for biggest "douchebag thread" of the week here.

Gee, I wonder if the OC knows how to run the ****ing screen pass? What a dumb ****ing statement. :rolleyes:

I don't know, lot of competition there.:bricks:

The Patriots use this very predictable offensive game plan next week against an athletic and quick Giants D-line and they'll be
taking Tom Brady off the field on a stretcher.
Ridiculous how many times Brady was on the ground today.
Ridiculous how many plays were called with Brady in an empty backfield looking to pass down field.
Smarten up Josh!!!!!!

Josh McDaniels is a very mediocre offensive coordinator. I thought he was brutal last year, and think he's been just as brutal this year, but the only difference is the added talent has masked his questionable play calling. I know, I know, look at all the points, look at the record, yada, yada, yada...I hope Atlanta hires him in the offseason. :D

Last edited:
The Patriots use this very predictable offensive game plan next week against an athletic and quick Giants D-line and they'll be
taking Tom Brady off the field on a stretcher.
Ridiculous how many times Brady was on the ground today.
Ridiculous how many plays were called with Brady in an empty backfield looking to pass down field.
Smarten up Josh!!!!!!

Thank you for your input. It has been officially filed ( in the garbage can ). Bah Bye.

I knew the McDaniels haters would come out. Why is he always blamed for when the offense doesn't play well and never given credit for when it does. I'm sure the stellar first half we had when we had 300 yards of offense and 4 TDs with no turnovers was all Brady, the o-line, and Maroney and the second half was all McDaniels.

I'm sorry, but Brady has to take the lionshare of the blame on this one. Brady needs to stop throwing to triple covered Moss and find the open dump off receiver in these cases. It wasn't all the play calling. Brady needed to play smarter and not try to tie the passing and receiving TD record with one long pass and look for the shorter dump offs.

Besides, one intercepted was a perfectly thrown ball that should have been pass interference since the defender held Moss' wrist. Another one was a ball that Brady had no business throwing.

Josh McDaniels is a very mediocre offensive coordinator. I thought he was brutal last year, and think he's been just as brutal this year, but the only difference is the added talent has masked his questionable play calling. I know, I know, look at all the points, look at the record, yada, yada, yada...I hope Atlanta hires him in the offseason. :D

I thought he was brilliant last year considering what he had to work with. He had Reche Caldwell, Troy Brown, and not much else at WR for most of the year. He had Corey "I take a nap at halftime and don't wake me until the end of the game" Dillon as his lead back.

As for this year, he deserves a lot of credit. Moss, Brady, and Welker are all having career years. None have even come close to the amount of success they are having this year. That means McDaniels is doing something right. How can anyone say he is having a brutal year when the Pats are going to break almost all of the non-rushing offensive records?

Careful now.....there are alot of eyes on this kid.......with talk like this you are going to ruin his chances of making it to the big time!!!

I think that the job of OC makes you a hero when everything goes well....and a goat when it bombs.....McDaniel has been OK overall considering he is steering a maxed out lamborghini against a field of Pinto's.....but in the playoffs......everyone is driving the fast cars......Not much room for error Josh....need to be on top of your game..!!!

I do think it's odd that we haven't used screen passes as much as before.

The screen is the perfect play against a defense that is trying to get upfield as fast as possible to nail Brady, which is what teams have been trying to do on almost every defensive snap against us.

Brady needed to play smarter and not try to tie the passing and receiving TD record with one long pass and look for the shorter dump offs.

Brady needs to do no such thing. This is garbage time. They have a first round bye and home field advantage throughout the playoffs locked up. The only reason to start him now is to keep him fresh and give him a shot at beating those records.

If Brady, Belichick and McDaniels decide that they're going to spend a meaningless game doing nothing but throwing to Moss to see how many highlight reel TD receptions in triple coverage they can get, that's their business.

RW I'm in total agreement. This guy does not impress me, his mistakes last year and this year are glossed over because Brady is such an awesome QB.

Josh McDaniels will be a gen-y version of Norv Turner, a guy who got a ton of credit for an offense totally loaded with talent, who didn't do anything special after he left Eden.

Careful now.....there are alot of eyes on this kid.......with talk like this you are going to ruin his chances of making it to the big time!!!

I think that the job of OC makes you a hero when everything goes well....and a goat when it bombs.....McDaniel has been OK overall considering he is steering a maxed out lamborghini against a field of Pinto's.....but in the playoffs......everyone is driving the fast cars......Not much room for error Josh....need to be on top of your game..!!!

Except here on this board. The Pats offense runs despite McDaniels and when it fails, it is his fault. It was the same with Weis for most of his tenure here except for 2004.

How long have you guys been Patriots fans???

a few weeks? or does everyone have memory problems?

how many playoff and Super Bowl games in the past six years have we watched and heard after the game..."the Patriots showed something they hadn't showed all season"...and "the Patriots showed an entirely new scheme on offense (defense)"...how many times??????? ten?...twelve times?

Their gameplan against the Colts last year was almost perfect offensively. They consistently surprised the Colts the whole game. Their weakness in the secondary was THE major factor in that close loss and NO ONE talked about how predictable the Patriots offense was in that game. But this is completely forgotten in Chicken Little Land.

This must be the Psuedo NEM name that we heard about. :rofl:

For those newbies and the uninitiated here, THIS IS A LIE being spouted by a few guys who feel the need to pile on an old man who has turned his act completely around despite their continual attemps to taunt a reaction from him.

NEM has one user name, and one IP address, and Ian has made sure of it. NEM has behaved PERFECTLY since being reinstated, and I'd like to humbly request that those of you who have it out for the guy, give him a break and cut this crap out.

The problem here lately, JC is all the undercover Jet fans posing as Patriot fans on game day...you know it...I know it...and we KNOW who some of these cretins are too

You will take alot of shots from the rose colored glass wearers here....so be ready for it.....but you are RIGHT......

McDaniels.....and Brady....are looking for the big time play far too often,......where was the dump offs to Kevin Faulk......or.....Maroney (I can almost guarantee (anthony smith) you go to Maroney on the RB dump where he has seperation of a few yards.....and he will break it for a big gain......But..it seems like the quick screen/10 yard pass for a first down ....has been decreased in our playcalling list........Seems like we are going for the homerun alot.....and let's get this straight....The league....is more often than not .....NOT going to call a PI against our opponents on Randy Moss......he was raped by 3 doofins on that last deep pass to the endzone.......phil simms said..."Oh, if anything that was against Randy Moss there"......then after watching the replay in which Moss NEVER F'ING touched a doofin player and had his head snapped back he said "Errr...um....well actually seemed like the dolphins defenders might have gotten some interference there".......We need to get back to what got us here....the sharp 10-15 strikes.....the screens.....the RB dump offs......etc......

Are you listening Josh? PS>....why can we not get Stallworth involved?

We won the ******* game by 21 points and the offense scored 28. We are what 7 points away from scoring more points than any other team in the history of the NFL, our QB is two TD's away from throwing 50, our WR is 2 TD's shy of the all time record for TD receptions. We have scored more TD's than any other team in league history. we have the highest point differential in the history of the NFL, we have won 18 consecutive regular season games for the 2nd time in 3 years, oh yeah, we are 15-0 to boot!

All that and there is plenty more, and yet people need something to ***** about.

Maybe all the whine asses should get their own board. You can call it [email protected] your slogan can be "we ain't happy unless we are miserable".

Last edited:
For those newbies and the uninitiated here, THIS IS A LIE being spouted by a few guys who feel the need to pile on an old man who has turned his act completely around despite their continual attemps to taunt a reaction from him.

NEM has one user name, and one IP address, and Ian has made sure of it. NEM has behaved PERFECTLY since being reinstated, and I'd like to humbly request that those of you who have it out for the guy, give him a break and cut this crap out.

Just an FYI,

I truly don't care if NEM posts here or not, but the statement in bold is untrue unless he pays extra from his ISP provider for a static IP address. Other wise his IP address changes regularly.

have any of you jd bashers realized that if he calls in a stupid play, BILL CAN SAY "NO" AND TELL HIM TO CALL SOMETHING DIFFERENT!
its not like bill has given complete control over the entire offence to josh. he is following a gameplan that he and bill created.
at this point, if you bash josh for a one-time screw up, fine. but if you are bashing him for a consistent thing that you think is a screw up, you are bashing bill.

Except here on this board. The Pats offense runs despite McDaniels and when it fails, it is his fault. It was the same with Weis for most of his tenure here except for 2004.

You are right in many ways Rob....Charlie got the same hate when he didn't get the job done and the "genius" posts when he did.......However, their job hopefully is to be fairly consistent.....and creative.....I think where Josh is sketchy...is adapting and get creative when certain things get shut down.....I agree with you that it is not an easy job....and you are either a hero.....or hated.......but.....that's the way it goes....

I would like to see alot more screens, shorter passing routes more often than the "Bomb to Moss" that everyone is expecting.........dump offs to Maroney/Faulk etc......

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes