PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh McD on QB situation - today (Monday 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
many threads existing and speculating ... but maybe we should start today from this point ...

this goes in sync with latest reports/med specs of 1-2 weeks or just pain management

I hope we see Jimmy shine once more this year!

Last edited:
On the basis of last infos there is a reasonable (though optimistic) chance JB plays week 3 (backed up by JG) and JG plays week 4. If this holds true later today, I guess the roster move would be bringing a QB today to the practice squad.

Some med specs say you can play through this injury but you risk possible long term problems.

My belief is JG wakes up in pain and swollen. His first thought is “ouch“ (or his private version of it) immediately followed by “I want to play“. So the reality and timing of this will be determined not only by doctors and coaches but by Jimmy's balance of enormous eagerness to play and rationale of possible future damage.

and here a great read of the whole interview

plus some credit to BB being always ready ... remember the ? on this forum after he drafted QB?

On the basis of last infos there is a reasonable (though optimistic) chance JB plays week 3 (backed up by JG) and JG plays week 4. If this holds true later today, I guess the roster move would be bringing a QB today to the practice squad.

Some med specs say you can play through this injury but you risk possible long term problems.

My belief is JG wakes up in pain and swollen. His first thought is “ouch“ (or his private version of it) immediately followed by “I want to play“. So the reality and timing of this will be determined not only by doctors and coaches but by Jimmy's balance of enormous eagerness to play and rationale of possible future damage.

Good post. I think you are right.

As it relates to the week's traditional preparation and practice schedule before a Thursday game, IIRC BB said that whatever they normally do they move up two days. So if the team practices the game plan on a Wednesday they are getting it today.

I see no way in hell how a QB who was on the couch yesterday can add any value to this Thursday's game.

Brissett starts, Jimmy G is the backup and JE11 and maybe Derby takes some snaps.

many threads existing and speculating ... but maybe we should start today from this point ...

this goes in sync with latest reports/med specs of 1-2 weeks or just pain management

I hope we see Jimmy shine once more this year!

Hope he took a shower after talking to Mina-sleeze

i bet the closest source to JG - the man himself - has a different idea...

I hate to be pessimistic, but as far as I can see McDaniels literally said nothing to draw any conclusions from. Really, nothing at all:

"I’m not sure exactly what the situation is going to be, I think a lot of that will be determined later today relative to Jimmy’s whole situation and what it’s going to be. I’m sure if he can’t play or back up, then we’ll be going through that process today"

Josh McDaniels says Patriots' QB plans yet to determined

Good post. I think you are right.

As it relates to the week's traditional preparation and practice schedule before a Thursday game, IIRC BB said that whatever they normally do they move up two days. So if the team practices the game plan on a Wednesday they are getting it today.

I see no way in hell how a QB who was on the couch yesterday can add any value to this Thursday's game.

Brissett starts, Jimmy G is the backup and JE11 and maybe Derby takes some snaps.
If jimmy G can't play you need someone to play the position of brisset gets hurt.

If jimmy G can't play you need someone to play the position of brisset gets hurt.
I agree. I just don't see that individual adding value. No question being there certainly mitigates the risk.

We'll see if the pats make a move to sign David Fales again

We should just install a wildcat system it Brissett should go down we could really catch a team off guard.
Of course im joking but it would be hillarious to see the Bills game Brissett goes down then Patriots line up with some crazy package with Edelman Blount White Foster taking turns being a wildcat QB.
To see the look on the Ryans brothers face as the patriots move the ball with ease.

PRICELESS

Garapollo has been incredible. I don't think anyone thought he would be THIS good. Had he not gotten hurt he was headed for a 450 yard, 5 td day and that only would have increased his trade value....or made it easier to trade.....:confused::D:eek:

Garapollo has been incredible. I don't think anyone thought he would be THIS good. Had he not gotten hurt he was headed for a 450 yard, 5 td day and that only would have increased his trade value....or made it easier to trade.....:confused::D:eek:
Purely hypothetical, of course, but if he'd put in three games in a row over the next couple of weeks with numbers vaguely in that range, I doubt very much that they would have been looking to trade him.

and here a great read of the whole interview

plus some credit to BB being always ready ... remember the ? on this forum after he drafted QB?

It's pretty sad when ESPN is far more complimentary to the Patriots than local radio, but that was the situation this morning. As Reiss notes above, both Mikes and Waddle were gushing about BB and the Pats while 98.5, Whinebag Toucher in particular, featured their usual snark.

QyZso.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye