Welcome to PatsFans.com

Joseph Never Came Home ... RIP Joseph

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Jul 7, 2008.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +912 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

I post this because this is an issue I would love to hear more about from McCain or Obama ... what plans do they have have for more programs for our people when they come home? Not an issue in this campaign ... sadly.

[​IMG]
    http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ny-lisold0706,0,814136,print.story

2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

the new GI bill is a start.

Its sad when our soldiers are used to make political points during wartime, then thrown aside after because of cost. If your truly support the troops and the sacrafice they have given for the constitution.....you should support them until they die. They have pledged to defend the constitution with their life, we should honor that life.
  3. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

war exploits the poor/common man for the benfit of the powerful and rich. always has always will
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +285 / 10 / -26

Since Viet Nam soldiers have just been pawns to perpetuate the powers to be, didn't Bush stay away from all military funerals during his first term??

The reality is that to further an agenda, certain people will be expendable.. it is sad but true, whether they be our soldiers or "collateral damage".. the answer is easy do not go to war.

The Webb GI bill is a start.. but only a start.
  5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +912 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

The main reason I hope Obama wins over McCain ... some of his ideas and flip flops drive me nuts but IMO he is way less likely to attack a country than McCain is ... hopefully it stays that way. The only wars that should be fought are wars of necessity by coalitions ... even they are ugly but sometimes there is no other choice ... as in Kuwait.
  6. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +803 / 4 / -5

#75 Jersey

Well put, FBN.

We should stop glorifying WAR and start respecting our SOLDIERS.

You are 100% right on regarding Desert Storm. There ARE wars that have to be fought. It should be a LAST choice, and our military needs to be strong and supported in the miserable event if it has to be used.

I am proud to have been a civilian in one of our fed agencies during Desert Shield and Desert Storm. I'm also glad that I'm not there now and have to live 24/7 knowing my work is being twisted by short-term "deciders".
  7. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

I am constantly amazed by how far humanity has come in the last 100 years. And at the same time, I am bewildered by the barbarism that still exists.

We MUST show more compassion for our veterans. The system as it is now is unacceptable.
  8. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I think technology has come far and not humanity. I agree that people are extremely barbaric towards each other. And one country robs another of it's natural resources. Isn't that the essence of all wars?

Wasn't the pentagon going to lower it's standards to get new recruits since people have gotten smart and aren't joining as much?