PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joseph Addai released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Addai looks like a perfect fit for the Jets. He and Holmes can quit on their team together.

Guess I'll retract my comments about IR counting toward the roster. BB said himself that we don't have a full roster. I just don't understand why NFL.com and ESPN said that if it wasn't true.

I figure he was just too slow..........as in he's done

Guess I'll retract my comments about IR counting toward the roster. BB said himself that we don't have a full roster. I just don't understand why NFL.com and ESPN said that if it wasn't true.

Not the first time they did not know the rules or misrepresented something, nor will it be the last.

An ex-Colt is a quitter.

Shocking? Not really. It must be something that's in the water in Indy.

Vereen seems likely.

I guess so, or resign Faulk. Not exactly a comfortable position to be in, but BB does this every year with a position he just kind of gives up on (ie safeties last year).

I guess so, or resign Faulk. Not exactly a comfortable position to be in, but BB does this every year with a position he just kind of gives up on (ie safeties last year).

I appreciate everything Faulk has done over the years, but watching him play last season was painful.

He was then released, leaving the Patriots with little experience on the depth chart at running back

Of all the positional groups, "little experience" at running back worries me the least. In fact, having a lot of young players at the position is not necessarily a bad thing.

Not exactly a comfortable position to be in, but BB does this every year with a position he just kind of gives up on (ie safeties last year).

In order for this to be like last year's safety situation, they'd have to cut Woodhead and Ridley! :p

I don't thing they've neglected the backfield at all. They extended Woodhead late in the 2010 season, spent TWO high picks on RBs in 2011, and this year signed two legit FBs, activated Kettani, and signed an unusually strong UDFA in Bolden. IMO this is the most promising camp group they've had in some time. The only thing "missing" is spending a ton of money on a high-profile veteran. Given the makeup of this team, I think that's a wise non-use of money.

It will be Ridley, Woodhead, Vereen, and a fullback. Yup, only 4 RB's coming out of camp.

Let's not forget, we have no seen the last of Hernandez lining up at RB.

Gronk and Shiancoe at TE, Lloyd out wide, Welker in the slot, Hernandez in the backfield. Good luck defending that.

This.

He and Hernandez were such beasts in that game. I really wish I could watch that game without wanting to claw my eyes out, b/c up until the injury, Brady was locked in and those two guys were huge.

I also wonder - and since I'm never going to watch that friggin game again - if they should've fed Woodhead more. I'd like to see him featured more in the gameplan when he's feeling it, rather than just a dumpoff guy. We forget how good this kid was in 2010. We remembered that night in February 2012. I don't know where he was all year, if it was injuries or what - but he could be featured more prominently next year.

Needed to repost this for emphasis. Woodhead gets no respect from alot of fans and the media. Look at his stats from 2010, then add an additional 12.5% since he only played 14 games. He would've had over 1,000 all-purpose yards. His production dips because he played through a concussion and an ankle injury, and now he's on the bubble. What a joke.

Of all the positional groups, "little experience" at running back worries me the least. In fact, having a lot of young players at the position is not necessarily a bad thing.

As long as they don't fumble..we will be fine...i think

Report: Addai 'quit' on Pats conditioning test

08:01 AM ET 07.27 | Well, if true, this certainly isn't going to look very good on the resume of Joseph Addai, who is now looking for work after getting a look in New England. In a seemingly surprise move, the Patriots released [Addai] on the eve of training camp. But according to a league source, the veteran running back was struggling during his conditioning test and simply "quit." He was not long in New England after that. Bill Belichick's comment on the subject Thursday morning was to the point. "It didn't work out." The 29-year old back played just 20 games over the last two seasons because of injury.

CSNNE.com

Report: Addai 'quit' on Pats conditioning test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back