PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joseph Addai is a beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkypete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I know people are about to coronate Adrian Peterson "best running back in the world," but Addai is a beast. Last night was his coming out party. Addai, not Manning, is unquestionably the MVP of the Colts. He was virtually their only weapon last night and he nearly beat us.

I'd say Addai is the #2 running back in the league right now.

I agree to a certain extent.. I think the game plan was to clearly take away the pass...

addai IS a very good back...but where was he in the second half? and especially in the 4th quarter when his team needed him the most?

Addai is a very good back, but not number 2, not even top 5 i think.

If they could only get him to play safety, and kick 50 yard field goals....

I know people are about to coronate Adrian Peterson "best running back in the world," but Addai is a beast. Last night was his coming out party. Addai, not Manning, is unquestionably the MVP of the Colts. He was virtually their only weapon last night and he nearly beat us.

He was great, but you realize he did this against what was almost entirely Nickel defenses, right? I'm just saying the Patriots weren't at all playing a defense designed to stop Addai. instead, they were primarily focused stopping Manning and his receiving options.

I do have to say that during that game I found myself saying "Damn, that little sucker is hard to tackle", lol!

Addai is not better than Adrian Peterson. Peterson is facing 8 men in the box every play. The defenses whole goal is to just stop the running game because their QBs are trash, and he still rips them apart.

he is good....they have a great of line...q. smith looks like a great back with that line.same avg p carry. as a matter of fact any back they have had has had as much or more success. james, rhodes,

Yes Addai is awesome, and yes I am jealous that the Colts have him.

But I do agree that the Pats were playing pass like they used to, when Edge would have monster games against them. Besides that huge dump off pass run for a touchdown that was a horrendous example of tackling on the Pats part, his day doesn't look so grand.

But really, Addai is awesome.

Addai is over rated big time. Look at what Kenton Keith did when he came in relief of Addai, he looked good too. What has Edgerin James done since he left Indy? Running in Indy is starting to become like running in Denver, it's not that difficult when you don't get touched until you're into the 2nd level.

addai IS a very good back...but where was he in the second half? and especially in the 4th quarter when his team needed him the most?

Addai is a very good back, but not number 2, not even top 5 i think.

He was outta gas obviously. They been sharing the carries between him and Keith, Addai has been usually carrying the ball 19-22 times, this game he carried 26 times.

Last edited:
Wow.
Your bar isnt very high is it?
He ran for 112 on 26 carries, or 4.3 a rush, against a NICKEL DEFENSE.
After his first 9 carries, he ran 17 times for 41 yards. Against a NICKEL DEFENSE.
Sure he took a short pass 73 yards, but any decent professional RB, or punt returner would have made that run. It was shocking, but there wasn't anything special about it.

I just dont see GREAT in 4.3 a rush, 2.4 for 3/4s of the game, and gaining some yards after the catch when they check down to you after the LBs have dropped off.

He may be a great RB, but yesterday didn't separate him from 15-20 other very good RBs in the NFL.

yeah I wouldn't annointed him too fast yet, he hit some holes and had some good gaines but was no where to be found when the Pats intended to stopped the run.

Addai is very good..but this game shouldnt be the "game he proved everyone"

he ran well..we missed tackles. We had him stopped but like other games after Chargers in week 2, we dont tackle when we get the chance. We were in nickel most of the game..which I didnt like at all..missed tackles. That 73 yard catch and run was our mistake. We didnt tackle..he didnt need to shrug off anyone or make a lot of moves..he caught it..used speed..we missed and he took it to the house.

I like what he brings though..hes a complete back..he played great like he has all season but we definitely had the chance to basically shut him down..

1st half wonder...2nd half blunder

he's a "Cinderfella" and the clock just struck midnight

Addai is a good back but not one of the elite. He's in the top ten but not top five.

Last edited:
He's a good back who has everything, speed, great moves, some power, is a good blocker and receiver. He's a top 10 back now (not so sure about #2 just yet), the best to come out of last years draft. Adrian Peterson is on another planet, they knew he was gonna run, and he ran for 296 yards, amazing. Funny thing is, I bought an Adrian Peterson rookie card Saturday, lol.

I got a Tony Dungheap and a Peytie Pout rookie card. I'll pay YOU to take them

Wherever he is on the list, he is upsetting the balance of power by tilting it toward the Colts.

I think he was good, he'd run that stretch play and seem to get hit and the LOS and then squeeze through for 6 yards.

Don't know how he only ended up with 4.3 ypc.

I kind of wish we had him instead of Maroney, not that Maroney isn't a nice guy. Addai has more of a RB's build and LOOKS more durable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes