PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jordan Richards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady6

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
He was impressive on Sunday. He was always in the right spot (unlike Harmon and Wilson in their careers) and showed great awareness in coverage forcing Robinson out of bounds.

I think he has a chance to be a real good player and I expect him to push Chung as the season progresses.

Last edited:
He was impressive on Sunday. He was always in the right spot (unlike Harmon and Wilson) and showed great awareness in coverage forcing Robinson out of bounds.

I think he has a chance to be a real good player and I expect him to push Chung as the season progresses.
Chung does not make that play on the sideline.

If you went back 2 and 3 years you'd find an identical thread to this about Harmon and Wilson respectively.

I've been waiting for years to see a DB carry a leaping WR out of bounds and Richards' play was pretty sweet.

He was impressive on Sunday. He was always in the right spot (unlike Harmon and Wilson in their careers) and showed great awareness in coverage forcing Robinson out of bounds.

I'd say I don't really remember Harmon out of place the past 3 years

If you went back 2 and 3 years you'd find an identical thread to this about Harmon and Wilson respectively.

The long touchdown that Butler gave up would not have happened if Harmon hadn't taken a poor angle and whiffed on the tackle.

Wilson and Harmon have been solid players in their careers. I would actually say for a late 3rd round pick Harmon is pretty good overall.

How the hell are we supposed to feel about this Harmon guy? He was supposedly "way overdrafted", and has since turned out to be anywhere from starting quality to very bad, depending on whom you ask. Personally, my strongest memories of Harmon are his (sometimes especially timely) interceptions coupled with visions of him getting burned for long TDs. I think there are more haters out there this week because one sailed over his head pretty flagrantly on the broadcast camera vs JAX. Let's not forget all the posts back in August speculating that BB wanted to get him on the field as much as the other starters (which I was also a part of).

I think from all of this, we can conclude that he is neither entirely good nor entirely bad. I think my own memory of his play, which is by no means a rigorous/accurate measure, indicates a hit-or-miss player, but I've also heard him described as more of a steady, boring guy. So again, who knows? It's going to be interesting to see if he and Wilson get interest as FAs (it would also be telling if they didn't hit free agency).

He hasn't looked out of place out there. There was a play after the Pats hit 44 where Bortles was trying to reach the edge. A group of Pats was pursuing and Jordan Richards was taking too sharp of an angle. Sheard realized it and chipped Richards wide so that he was taking the proper angle.

The long touchdown that Butler gave up would not have happened if Harmon hadn't taken a poor angle and whiffed on the tackle.

So once and that was last game? I Just don't remember him ever out of place or giving up negative plays

Harmon is a solid FS. He missed that tackle on the TD pass, but other than that, I don't recall him making too many bone headed plays the past 2 years.

He reads plays well, and has the speed to cover ground.

Chung is a better run defender than Richards.

So once and that was last game? I Just don't remember him ever out of place or giving up negative plays

There are other examples from past seasons, but it's not a persistent problem or anything. Harmon's a smart player, who generally knows what he's doing and where he needs to be. Even on the plays where he takes bad angles or gets caught out of position, I think part of it is that he just doesn't have McCourty's range/athleticism, so his margin of error is a lot lower. When he screws up, it showes up in a big way.

Harmon would start for a handful of teams in the NFL. He kinda reminds me of James Sanders: steady, competent mid-round pick who doesn't have the athleticism to get put in the upper-tier FS discussion, but is certainly not a liability.

There are other examples from past seasons, but it's not a persistent problem or anything. Harmon's a smart player, who generally knows what he's doing and where he needs to be. Even on the plays where he takes bad angles or gets caught out of position, I think part of it is that he just doesn't have McCourty's range/athleticism, so his margin of error is a lot lower. When he screws up, it showes up in a big way.

Harmon would start for a handful of teams in the NFL. He kinda reminds me of James Sanders: steady, competent mid-round pick who doesn't have the athleticism to get put in the upper-tier FS discussion, but is certainly not a liability.
Good comparison to Sanders but Harmon has much more range.

Seemed like Sanders was running on mud a lot..

Really liking Richards, but as for Harmon...all the guy does is make big picks (Ravens last year).

I have confidence the Pats will figure it out. Problem is, with Harmon, Richards, Chung, Wilson, and Ryan, they have four safeties behind McCourty, because I really think Ryan would be better suited at safety.

How could you possibly know that already?
It's likely an assumption bass on the fact that Chung is quite good against the run

Good comparison to Sanders but Harmon has much more range.

Seemed like Sanders was running on mud a lot..

No doubt that Harmon is more athletic, but I think Sanders had better football intelligence and leadership ability. As a matter of fact, those two positives helped to mask all of his athletic deficiencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back