PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jordan and Pierre Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

upstater1

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Jordan ran better than any of the other RBs, hope he gets a chance eventually.

Pierre Woods had a hell of a few series before getting injured. He stood his ground and made some nice run stops. Hope he isn't hurt.

Jordan should be our starting RB to me.

Jordan looked like the man against 3rd stingers in the preseason. Then he looked like the man verses his old team late in the game. I think most people had it right when they refer to him as Dillion-like. He needs to be in there to take the wind and spirits out of the D.

I liked what I saw, too, but this is ridiculous. Maroney is the starter. Deal.

Why is this assumed? If Jordan is better, he will start. I'm no Maroney hater, but you play to your strengths.

Jordan looked like the man against 3rd stingers in the preseason. Then he looked like the man verses his old team late in the game. I think most people had it right when they refer to him as Dillion-like. He needs to be in there to take the wind and spirits out of the D.

It was especially dramatic today with the Jets' DL suffering in the heat, but bringing in a fresh, bruising RB for the 2nd have is a lovely luxury.

It was especially dramatic today with the Jets' DL suffering in the heat, but bringing in a fresh, bruising RB for the 2nd have is a lovely luxury.
Luxury is right. What depth at the RB position with 5 backs all having various strengths and styles! Faulk was huge today and Evans is a force with his blocking. Jordan did remind me a lot of "Clock Killin' Dillon" toward the end of the game with a few Jets stuck on his hood ornament after a couple runs.

Welcome aboard, Lamont!

BTW, Woods was in the game at the end. I heard he simply had the wind knocked out of him.

Last edited:
BTW, Woods was in the game at the end. I heard he simply had the wind knocked out of him.

I'd have the wind knocked out of me as well if Wilfork fell on my back while I was lying on my stomach

I liked what I saw, too, but this is ridiculous. Maroney is the starter. Deal.

I don't have to "Deal", nor do I think that it's a ridiculous statement. Jordan is more than a reasonable option as a starting RB, and with the way the line is playing of late, I think he's a *better*option than LM. It's my opinion, and whether you deem it ridiculous or not is irrelevant with me. Now you deal with that, big mouth.

Maroney would rack up a lot of YAC if they'd hit him coming out of the backfield more.

Speed Kills ! Especially after the opposition is getting tired. So despite the fact that Laurance is the premier back, I would soften them up with pounding Morris and Lamont early. After they get tired, Laurance would play with his speed, most of the end of the first half and the second half and exploit their weariness. I'd expect him to rip off more than a few long runs.

Then in the final few minutes, close them out with power running, again.

Last edited:
Speed Kills ! Especially after the opposition is getting tired. So despite the fact that Laurance is the premier back, I would soften them up with pounding Morris and Lamont early. After they get tired, Laurance would play with his speed, most of the end of the first half and the second half and exploit their weariness. I'd expect him to rip off more than a few long runs.

Then in the final few minutes, close them out with power running, again.
I thought the Coaches played it wisely using Maroney's evasiveness to run the D and tire them out, then pound them with power once they started to wear down; both to rest the D in the heat and to protect the lead.

Jordan's first run reportedly (NFL.com play-by-play) came with 4:49 in the 3rd Qtr after the Pats had a two score lead. Classic clock killing role.

I also like how BB takes advantage of players who have a chip on their shoulders for former teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes