PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jonathan Wilhite

Status
Not open for further replies.
The secondary should be good enough to execute the flexible schemes we used to run. They also should be good enough to trust in man.

The real question is the linebackers. How many of those are both talented and flexible enough to play the various from several schemes that change at the line of scrimmage as we did in the 2003 and the 2004 seasons?

I think we'll see BB use different combinations in the secondary. You're right, though, he'll play the best 11 for whatever scheme he's trying to run.

Personally, I think we'll see Springs line up on either side and even in the slot, when necessary. I wouldn't be too surprised if we see him line up at Safety for a handful of plays this season. Overall, I think BB has a chance to be more creative with his schemes and looks this season than he has been able to be in the last few seasons. We should see a lot of players moving around pre-snap to disguise what they're tying to do. That's just my hunch (and wish).

The secondary should be good enough to execute the flexible schemes we used to run. They also should be good enough to trust in man.

The real question is the linebackers. How many of those are both talented and flexible enough to play the various from several schemes that change at the line of scrimmage as we did in the 2003 and the 2004 seasons?

We'll have to wait and see. Versatility won't be the issue. As you mentioned, the issue will indeed be talent. I'm remaining optimistic. The LB will be tested, no question. We'll have to wait and see if they can step up.

Belichick appears to like having a veteran for stability and leadership when He is rebuilding a squad on the team.

Springs is that veteran for the DBs. Tedy is that veteran for the LBs.

I think that that many people are going to be surprised when Belichick unleashes his rebuilt, very young and very fast Defense on the NFL.

Belichick appears to like having a veteran for stability and leadership when He is rebuilding a squad on the team.

Springs is that veteran for the DBs. Tedy is that veteran for the LBs.

I think that that many people are going to be surprised when Belichick unleashes his rebuilt, very young and very fast Defense on the NFL.

That's been my train of thought. This year's squad on defense offers BB the chance to be extremely creative/exotic. That's a luxury I don't think the defensive units of the past few years has afforded him.

Okay, now I think you're just being ridiculous. I don't know what "through independent statistics" means exactly, but there is no way Springs was the best cornerback in the NFL last year. The notion is laughable. I'm just going to assume you're trying to be funny or you're just plain out of your mind.

nope, not kidding....i think another poster earlier in this thread gave more details

but Springs according to those measurements, was the best CB last season, i was suprised myself

nope, not kidding....i think another poster earlier in this thread gave more details

but Springs according to those measurements, was the best CB last season, i was suprised myself

Wow, if you stumble across it, can you link me to it? I'd appreciate it, ALP.

Just got back from vacation, yeah I think hes definitely been over looked by most people its hard not to say he wasn't the #1 corner when he came into OTAs because he is the most experienced corner in our system from last year on the roster. I think its a bit far fetched for some people to say hes fighting with Wheatly for the #4 spot and hes that far down on the depth chart based on speculation/OTAs. This secondary is going to be very versatile with different guys playing in various spots at different times, its pretty hard to guess how this secondary is going to look but I think we are all more comfortable with the new additions except for not having Rodney.

Just got back from vacation, yeah I think hes definitely been over looked by most people its hard not to say he wasn't the #1 corner when he came into OTAs because he is the most experienced corner in our system from last year on the roster. I think its a bit far fetched for some people to say hes fighting with Wheatly for the #4 spot and hes that far down on the depth chart based on speculation/OTAs. This secondary is going to be very versatile with different guys playing in various spots at different times, its pretty hard to guess how this secondary is going to look but I think we are all more comfortable with the new additions except for not having Rodney.
Such a huge loss. I'm going to be watching all year to see how we fill his gigantic shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back