PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jonathan Smith re-signed for next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should have signed WR JR Russell instead.

It can't be, Buffalo reporters and fans know this is just a ploy to get more of the Bills' secrets out of Smith...:enranged:

It can't be, Buffalo reporters and fans know this is just a ploy to get more of the Bills' secrets out of Smith...:enranged:

I think it is a ploy by Buffalo to get secrets from the Pats.

Watch your backs Belioli! :eek:

The Pats usually sign 4-5 players in January for 07 deals...some might be headed for the NFLE..but are set for early camp this year. A GOOD move..obviosuly they see something in him and want him in camp.

The Pats usually sign 4-5 players in January for 07 deals...some might be headed for the NFLE..but are set for early camp this year. A GOOD move..obviosuly they see something in him and want him in camp.

I have no idea why this came to mind when I read your post, but...

Do you know that feeling that you get when you have to drop a fringe guy on a fantasy roster (he wasn't a starter, just a flyer that you had taken that you have a good feeling about) because of byes or injuries and then see their name come across the waiver pickup list by another owner?

Do you think BB and SP feel like that when guys like Eckel are snatched up by other teams?

I have no idea why this came to mind when I read your post, but...

Do you know that feeling that you get when you have to drop a fringe guy on a fantasy roster (he wasn't a starter, just a flyer that you had taken that you have a good feeling about) because of byes or injuries and then see their name come across the waiver pickup list by another owner?

Do you think BB and SP feel like that when guys like Eckel are snatched up by other teams?
I'm sure there are the odd cuss word or incoherent expression of annoyance when reading the transaction wire, but it's got to be more like a Mother of 6 and Grandmother 15 when somebody makes a mess at the table...

They should have signed WR JR Russell instead.

And they didn't, which tells you something.

I'll take the Patriots' scouting and decision-making over yours any day, any year, any century.

Last edited:
Buffalo fans thought that we'd love this guy the first go-round. Hopefully he'll be competitive in camp.

And they didn't, which tells you something.

I'll take the Patriots' scouting and decision-making over yours any day, any year, any century.

Eff you, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye