PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jonathan Papelbon

D-Money

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I notice Francona brung him in a meaningless game and its raining.He has left him in a long time and he has sucked.

I am worried about Papelbon this year and long term.The guy has been very hittable this year.He only throws fastballs right down the middle and nothing else.He needs to work on other pitches.

Last edited:
i notice francona brung him in a meaningless game and its raining.he has left him in a long time and he has sucked.

I am worried about papelbon this year and long term.the guy has been very hittable this year.he only throws fastballs right down the middle and nothing else.he needs to work on other pitches.

.213 baa. Very very hittable!!!!

Thats so overrated.The guy has been very hittable, u obviously havent watched him all year.

Thats so overrated.The guy has been very hittable, u obviously havent watched him all year.

I watch every damn game bud.

That is one of the few stats that isn't overrated.

Sure, he hasn't been an automatic as in the last couple seasons but those years were just ridiculous to think that they could be repeated every year. He's been one of the top 3 or 4 closers this season.

He's had a bad month. That is certainly worrisome if it continues into October, but prior to September Papelbon had been no different than he was last year or the year before.

There is no point in questioning his long term effectiveness over a bad month.

I notice Francona brung him in a meaningless game and its raining.He has left him in a long time and he has sucked.

I am worried about Papelbon this year and long term.The guy has been very hittable this year.He only throws fastballs right down the middle and nothing else.He needs to work on other pitches.

Very hittable? That's a pretty stupid statement.. The guy has blown exactly ONE save since July 6th! I agree this month hasn't been his best, but yesterday's game was meaningless.. He was probably just getting some throwing in.. When the game is on the line, he's the guy I want having the ball..

Last time I checked he didn't brung him in, he brought him in

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back