PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jonathan Kraft: Pats do not intend to fight to get their picks back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thie Picks are gone people. Once Bob caved they where never coming back. Sh!t, even if Bob did not cave they where most likely not coming back. It is what it is..

A big part of why Bob caved was that there was no plausible mechanism for getting the picks back, in his judgment. I've never seen a counter-argument to that belief. And now JK is saying the same thing.

As much as we disagree with the PR/spin aspects of what he did, I've never seen a rebuttal to the legal/procedural claim in that.

I'm sure that the Krafts, or at least Jonathan, are looking for angles whereby they could get the picks back after all. Unfortunately, I don't expect them to find any ...

... except that a season of ball-pressure data could change things a lot. I hope JK is making the small, small investment needed to run lots of ball-pressure tests themselves, along with whatever the NFL is doing.

They can't get them back. I'm no fan of the capitulation but beating their heads against the walls is dumb. Better to build allies and take him out down the road.

Thie Picks are gone people. Once Bob caved they where never coming back. Sh!t, even if Bob did not cave they where most likely not coming back. It is what it is..
I do understand what you're saying, but any loyalty that Kraft had to the Douchemissioner and the owner's boy's club should be gone and the Kraft's should be going rogue on the league and fighting the good fight. I don't agree with it one bit and believe there is a strategy they could use here.

I just jumped off the Kraft Benefit of the Doubt train. Fnck him and is son and anyone who helped him ride into Foxboro twenty years ago. They suck and we will never forget.

Yours Truly,
A twenty year season ticket holder. Eff you Bob.

I just jumped off the Kraft Benefit of the Doubt train. Fnck him and is son and anyone who helped him ride into Foxboro twenty years ago. They suck and we will never forget.

Yours Truly,
A twenty year season ticket holder. Eff you Bob.
Well I am furious at Robert but I don't blame Jonathan so much. By the "whispers" we've heard Jonathan has a more aggressive stance in defense of the team than his feeble father who is so concerned about the other 31.

Fnck them both they are siding with the other 31 to "protect the shield". What a crock of ****. They will eat their own young to hide behind that antitrust exemption.That's what's been proven with all this. Kraft has become one of them. He likes to say "we are all Patriots" but really we are all suckers.

$170 tickets
$50 parking
$12 beers

Eff you Bob.

Like father like son.

Seriously?? So now Jonathan is no good too? Almost the whole weight of the world was against Brady/him/the Patriots and by extension us (with the lone exception of the smartest and hottest woman alive, Steph:)). Then we all get an early massive christmas present of 'a BIG gift wrapped unassailable F U to the weight of the world'. A major homerun victory in court. But because Jonathon didn't now come out and say "God damn you Goodell. I'm hiring every god damned lawyer on the planet to get my #1 pick back!; he's now just another faceless Goodell type?

Stop doing what others did that allowed this fiasco to get where it did: going off half ****ed without giving enough thought to word or action. Consider this: Goodell the slug thrives thanks to the half ****ed of the world. If there were less half ****ed it would almost certainly mean he would have already ended up as flotsam in the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.
Please reconsider the anger at Jonathon then let's just see what we see from them/the Patriots in the coming weeks. Even if you are pissed at the Krafts, as long as you believe they aren't dumb or without business or corporate battling acumen, isn't it reasonable to believe they will take advantage of any openings that pop up to get a little win here or there? Then, hopefully, a few of these small wins can add up and lead to something good. Sure, it may not be a full reckoning but that doesn't mean it won't be nice.

Then again maybe it is best you(all) just go back to wanting that pound of flesh from BK and now JK. The SOBs deserve it, right?

If there is any legal way possible for the Krafts to fight for the picks then it would be unforgivable for them to not pursue it.

If there is any legal way possible for the Krafts to fight for the picks then it would be unforgivable for them to not pursue it.

It we just wait for the 32nd pick and then take them captive until July there's a chance..

I think we should go for it.

IMHO I recommend not falling into the trap of general wording being absolute. The Krafts are putting out very purposeful but careful statements that require reading between the lines to get the certain meaning. "It's not our intention"? That's a wishwashy statement. It's like using the word 'virtually' or answering a question with a question. It is political speak intended to send other messages/not be absolute.
It appears to me this statement by Jonathon is a very soft shot across the bow of the NFL. I translate it as "our intentions may change depending on what you do next".

While I hope you are correct, I have little faith or confidence in the Krafts to be this strategic. I hope I am proven wrong.

Seriously?? So now Jonathan is no good too? Almost the whole weight of the world was against Brady/him/the Patriots and by extension us (with the lone exception of the smartest and hottest woman alive, Steph:)). Then we all get an early massive christmas present of 'a BIG gift wrapped unassailable F U to the weight of the world'. A major homerun victory in court. But because Jonathon didn't now come out and say "God damn you Goodell. I'm hiring every god damned lawyer on the planet to get my #1 pick back!; he's now just another faceless Goodell type?

Stop doing what others did that allowed this fiasco to get where it did: going off half ****ed without giving enough thought to word or action. Consider this: Goodell the slug thrives thanks to the half ****ed of the world. If there were less half ****ed it would almost certainly mean he would have already ended up as flotsam in the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.
Please reconsider the anger at Jonathon then let's just see what we see from them/the Patriots in the coming weeks. Even if you are pissed at the Krafts, as long as you believe they aren't dumb or without business or corporate battling acumen, isn't it reasonable to believe they will take advantage of any openings that pop up to get a little win here or there? Then, hopefully, a few of these small wins can add up and lead to something good. Sure, it may not be a full reckoning but that doesn't mean it won't be nice.

Then again maybe it is best you(all) just go back to wanting that pound of flesh from BK and now JK. The SOBs deserve it, right?
Yes, Jonathan is no good too. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back