PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jonathan Kraft: Pats do not intend to fight to get their picks back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he said "as we sit here today" which could mean the door is open to do that. Perhaps under a new commissioner?

Well he said "as we sit here today" which could mean the door is open to do that. Perhaps under a new commissioner?
Or maybe after a year of psi readings.

Like father like son.

I'm not inclined to write JK off like that yet. He could very well just be following marching orders from his dad. Maybe not, we just don't know yet. I think it'll be difficult to judge him until he takes over the team.

In any case, on the "inheritance owner scale", Kraft's worst case scenario is still probably better than Irsay, so... I guess there's that.

Yeah, that statement did jump out. Cause to be at least a little hopeful, although I was hoping that we'd get something a lot more forceful if/when a Kraft eventually did speak up. Hopefully it's a nonstatement being made while they posture behind the scenes, but I'm doubtful.

I think Robert, at least, means it when he says he would rather accept the penalties than rock the boat. He's part of the 32 first, and part of the Patriots second.

Maybe JK is working on Dad to bring him around but he's not there yet?

Jonathan is better than his father. For sure.

True. But we'll see... Losing a finger is better than losing an arm. Doesn't make it good.

So "Do not intend" Is he saying there's a a chance? WTF

Talk is cheap. If he actually takes so action, wake me off. Onto the 2nd half.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...r-intention-to-fight-to-get-draft-picks-back/

Well that's a bummer, though I expected as much from his dad. Still capitulating, even after today's win.

IMHO I recommend not falling into the trap of general wording being absolute. The Krafts are putting out very purposeful but careful statements that require reading between the lines to get the certain meaning. "It's not our intention"? That's a wishwashy statement. It's like using the word 'virtually' or answering a question with a question. It is political speak intended to send other messages/not be absolute.
It appears to me this statement by Jonathon is a very soft shot across the bow of the NFL. I translate it as "our intentions may change depending on what you do next".

Putting interests of the league over the interest of the team.....shocking.

This is in Judge Berman's ruling (and the wells report).

"The Wells Report exonerated all (other) members of the Patriots staff. "[W]e do not believe there was any wrongdoing or knowledge of wrongdoing by Patriots ownership, Head Coach Belichick or any other Patriots coach in the matters investigated. We also do not believe there was any wrongdoing or knowledge of wrongdoing by Patriots Head Equipment Manager David Schoenfeld." Id. at 122. "

Why did we lose draft picks again? It's disappointing to think the team won't fight to get them back. I feel like breaking something.

Thie Picks are gone people. Once Bob caved they where never coming back. Sh!t, even if Bob did not cave they where most likely not coming back. It is what it is..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back