PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jonathan Kraft on WEEI [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ice

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I missed most of it, and what i heard was nothing new, except when Gerry asked him how the patriots felt about the apoligy in the Hearld. Johnathan explained that they appreciated the retraction.

Then Gerry followed up with does that mean that the patriots were not going threw with a lawsuit against the Hearld?

In which Jonthan simply restated that they appreciated the hearlds apoligly and the retraction.

Which seems to imply that a lawsuit may still be coming

Last edited:
Re: johnathan Kraft on eei this morning

The Day before the biggest game in franchise history, the team had to spend time on a issuie that was non existient..

Now The Pats did not play the best game the next day as we know,and Giants were the better team that day..

But that is time taken away from game prep, talkin to leauge officals over this nonsense...

I think that has the Pats ticked the most, because of the lost revenue over such 19-0 items.. its crazy..

I think its best in all parties that this goes away, after Tomose does his mea culpa...

I don't think they have any other choice but to go after the Herald. Jonathan said that they were notified by the Herald of the story Friday night & the Herald only gave them an hour to respond. The Patriot's response was the threat of legal action, so how can they choose to renege on that promise?

I think its best in all parties that this goes away, after Tomose does his mea culpa...

I began to feel a bit that way also after reading Tomase's blurb about what is coming Friday.

.........then I learned about his Tuesday afternoon blog report that was taken down in 58 minutes.

........then Tony Masserotti wrote a "column" this morning.

....... then the Herald puts in bold lettering on the front page today "Not So Fast, Pats" with a headshot of Specter.

Goodwill towards the Herald management from anything Tomase writes tomorrow????? Gone with the wind.

Last edited by a moderator:

I began to feel a bit that way also after reading Tomase's blurb about what is coming Friday.

.........then I learned about his Tuesday afternoon blog report that was taken down in 58 minutes.

........then Tony Masserotti wrote a "column" this morning.

....... then the Herald puts in bold lettering on the front page today "Not So Fast, Pats" with a headshot of Specter.

Goodwill towards the Herald management from anything Tomase writes tomorrow????? Gone with the wind.

What blog report?

What blog report?

http://www.patriotsdaily.com/
by Scott Benson

"When you are explaining, as clearly as you can, where the story went wrong, can you also explain the story that you wrote just yesterday, which was posted to the Herald website sometime in the late afternoon?

You know the story I’m talking about, John. The one that told readers - in the headline, and in the first paragraph - that Walsh had admitted in his meeting with the Commissioner to spying on the Rams at the walkthrough. That was your lede, and that was the word you used - spying. A conclusion - unless you’ve been talking to your sources again - you couldn’t possibly have reached on the evidence that was presented to anyone who cared enough to listen and watch.....

.....I’d love to link you to the story, John, but it got misplaced, I guess, and replaced [Shmessy edit: with 58 minutes] with a generally benign piece bedecked with a ‘Case Closed’ header."

Last edited by a moderator:

What a piece of work they are over there. Time to shut the doors on that place.

Re: Jonathan Kraft on WEEI

I didn't think the Herald sent out a retraction. Just an apology. There is a difference.

But how can you apologize and then allow MAZZ's column to come out today? Either this paper has lost it's mind or they are all unprofessional fools. Probably both.

I missed most of it, and what i heard was nothing new, except when Gerry asked him how the patriots felt about the apoligy in the Hearld. Johnathan explained that they appreciated the retraction.

Then Gerry followed up with does that mean that the patriots were not going threw with a lawsuit against the Hearld?

In which Jonthan simply restated that they appreciated the hearlds apoligly and the retraction.

If anyone cares to listen, here is the entire interview: http://audio.weei.com/m/19888694/jon_kraft.htm?pageid=966

Sorry, I missed you already posting-in between things at work.

No, you're bumping this thread. That's good.

After hearing this interview it is very clear the Krafts are preparing to put together a big time lawsuit against the Herald (and maybe a couple of other outlets).

I love the fact that Jonathan Kraft lashed out about things that are not within the Patriots control.

Things like the GAME CLOCK, the COACH to QB Communications, etc, are controlled by the league, NOT the Patriots.

It's a very interesting and informative interview (except for having to listen to that wingnut ***** Callahan). Seemed to me that Kraft wanted to make it clear that the story did interfere with the Pats' preparation the Sat. before the game .

I heard him and he was great. The points he made that really stuck in my mind were three things

That they were given an hour to respond to the Herald. That they did respond and made it perfectly clear it was inaccurate, if they printed it there would be consequences.

That the story did interfere with preparation on both Friday night and Saturday

That the Herald story had been refferanced over 300,000 times.

I really like Jonathan Kraft. I have to admit I thought I would hate him, he looks like an obnoxious rich kid (envy) but I met him and heard him speak at a military event and he was great. I think he and his father are nice folks and are enjoying themselves. They are fans and do a lot of good.

I really like Jonathan Kraft.
You listen to him talk and you know the Patriots are in good hands when Jonathan takes over the reigns. Hopefully not for a good while, of course.

Jonathan Kraft says Tomase article affected team's prep for Super Bowl

I'll find the link shortly, read this article I think on PFT this morning.

I have said this for a while - the idea that the article affected the players or their play on the field, that's just not right. But the timing of the Rams walkthrough accusations very could have had a tangible affect on the team's preparation, especially for the coaching staff. Kraft confirms this line of thinking in a EEI appearance yesterday. He said the whole coaching staff had to divert attention to this story on the morning Tomase's article came out.

Thoughts?

LINK: http://m.profootballtalk.com/2008/05/16/jonathan-kraft-says-herald-story-disrupted-super-bowl-prep/

Last edited:
Re: Jonathan Kraft says Tomase article affected team's prep for Super Bowl

Classic "ambush jounalism" by the Herald. Give the subject minimal time to respond, creating an impression that their denial is disorganized and thus lacks credibility.
As the interview of Jonathan Kraft states:
"Kraft said that the Herald gave the team roughly one hour of advance notice before going to print with the story, at 9:00 p.m. EST on the evening of Friday, February 1. He said that the team and the lawyers were adamant regarding their denial of the contention."
For this reason alone, I hope the Patriots sue the crap out of this tabloid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes