Welcome to PatsFans.com

Jonathan Goff Video

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by sebman2112, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sebman2112

sebman2112 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I originally uploaded a video that contained some of his 2006 highlights, but then decided to edit them back out, as his 2006 highlight video is already on youtube. In any case, this is a short (just over 2 minutes) video featuring some of Jon's plays from 2005 and 2007. If I could have found video from other games I would have added that footage in, but I had a limited selection, so I'm not really calling it a "highlight" video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL8XyT6ETf0

PS: No music
  2. everlong

everlong Rookie

Ratings:
    +160 / 1 / -1

#12 Jersey

Good stuff thanks for putting it together.
  3. kurtinelson

kurtinelson Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 5 / -2

#37 Jersey

Thanks for the post. Anyone have any opinions on how he compares with David Harris?
  4. sebman2112

sebman2112 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If you're paying attention while watching my video, and that 2006 highlight video, you'll notice that he wasn't simply a "4-3 MLB" at Vandy. They did at times play a 3-4 hybrid, and Goff wasn't always at ILB. Sometimes he would line up as an OLB, and more specifically as a rush OLB. That's why in the past I've said he has some hybrid ability. Look at his speed, blitzes up the gut (especially in that one highlight), and some of the footage of him rushing off the edge, and beating OT's. He didn't always get to rush the passer, but he's shown some effectiveness in that area of the game. Combine that with his ability to make leaping interceptions, and dropping deep into coverage, and you'll understand why I disagreed with those who've thought of him simply as a 2 down run stuffer. I don't want anyone to think I'm implying that NE should draft him to play OLB, only that he has the ability to rush the passer, and be effective, and that it's nice when your ILB's have some versatility.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  5. Mr.Muhozi

Mr.Muhozi Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

i pray we draft this guy ASAP, nice vid BTW could do with some music, but thats just me being picky :D
  6. Bertil

Bertil Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Didn't know he was from Lynn, MA until I played one of the linked vids.
  7. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +53 / 1 / -4

He looks big, and he made some plays to stuff the QB as well. The clips are too short. I'd have liked to see more.
  8. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -0

#12 Jersey

If we got Groves and Goff in the first 2 rounds and then picked up a couple of corners, Trae Williams and Chevis Jackson in the third. I would be very pleased.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.