PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jonathan Goff Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebman2112

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I originally uploaded a video that contained some of his 2006 highlights, but then decided to edit them back out, as his 2006 highlight video is already on youtube. In any case, this is a short (just over 2 minutes) video featuring some of Jon's plays from 2005 and 2007. If I could have found video from other games I would have added that footage in, but I had a limited selection, so I'm not really calling it a "highlight" video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL8XyT6ETf0

PS: No music

Good stuff thanks for putting it together.

Thanks for the post. Anyone have any opinions on how he compares with David Harris?

If you're paying attention while watching my video, and that 2006 highlight video, you'll notice that he wasn't simply a "4-3 MLB" at Vandy. They did at times play a 3-4 hybrid, and Goff wasn't always at ILB. Sometimes he would line up as an OLB, and more specifically as a rush OLB. That's why in the past I've said he has some hybrid ability. Look at his speed, blitzes up the gut (especially in that one highlight), and some of the footage of him rushing off the edge, and beating OT's. He didn't always get to rush the passer, but he's shown some effectiveness in that area of the game. Combine that with his ability to make leaping interceptions, and dropping deep into coverage, and you'll understand why I disagreed with those who've thought of him simply as a 2 down run stuffer. I don't want anyone to think I'm implying that NE should draft him to play OLB, only that he has the ability to rush the passer, and be effective, and that it's nice when your ILB's have some versatility.

Last edited:
i pray we draft this guy ASAP, nice vid BTW could do with some music, but thats just me being picky :D

Last edited:
Didn't know he was from Lynn, MA until I played one of the linked vids.

He looks big, and he made some plays to stuff the QB as well. The clips are too short. I'd have liked to see more.

If we got Groves and Goff in the first 2 rounds and then picked up a couple of corners, Trae Williams and Chevis Jackson in the third. I would be very pleased.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back