PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jonathan Fanene Cap Hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady6

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Any word on if we've been able to recover this?

How much we talking here?

Billions?????

:D

How much we talking here?

Billions?????

:D
If we get it all back. They'd be able to recover around $2.5MM, which would be added to our cap space

since they already set the carryover cap amounts from 2012 to 2013, I'm guessing we got no relief for last year and none going forward either

Unless they decide later and credit us extra from last year, but that seems unlikely.

I'd consider it flushed away dead cap dollars at this point, sadly

At this point, if the Pats were getting the cap space back, I'd think that it would have been reported. So probably not.

Goodell sticks it to the Patriots yet again !

Worst move in NFL history that really came back and bit the Pats in the azz...The Fanonnynunu Incident...read it right here last summer...a horrible move....the Pats were sure to rue the day...he was a vital cog!!!

Releasing Fanene saves $900,000 in cash and salary-cap space this season. The veteran will leave a $2.566 million imprint on the Patriots' 2013 cap.

OK...is that enough information to stop the obsession with this NOBODY????

No?...OK...here's more for you Fanoonernutbags...

the Patriots released Fanene for "failure to disclose physical condition" and the Patriots likely would try to reclaim his $3.85 million signing bonus.

This clip is from August 2012 after the cut...

1. If the Patriots do attempt to recover some or all of Jonathan Fanene's $3.85 million signing bonus, it will be watched closely by teams, agents and players across the NFL as a precedent-setting situation. Given that the NFL just instituted the category of "failure to disclose physical condition" -- which is what the Patriots designated Fanene when releasing him -- this is new ground.

so they did NOTHING about it all this time...but NOW it's Fanoonoo story time again, eh??? OK...part of the 3.85 million was deferred to March 31st, 2013...leaving the 2.5 million already paid out to be recovered...well, he went to Miami in November and worked out for THEM, yet STILL no move to try to recover....I guess the mystery NOW is, will they wait for the April 1st date and then try to recover the entire 3.85 million. Is this even legit?
No, it is not...when March 31st comes and goes, the only money they could go after is the 1.35 mil that's due April 1st. They had all season and off now to go after the 2.5 mil but NOW they 're going to go after the 1.35 on April 1st?

Really??? I mean, THIS is what is rattling around in the brains out there??? "Get that Fanoodle money or else!!!!!!!"....let it go...let HIM go....it was NEVER a story and nobody gives a rat's azz about Fanene in 2013.

It never sounded promising they would get it. Honestly, sounded like a fail by the Patriots medical staff, and not much more than that. Between his time with the Sox and the Pats, I've lost faith in anything associated with Dr. Thomas Gill.

Honestly, sounded like a fail by the Patriots medical staff, and not much more than that. Between his time with the Sox and the Pats, I've lost faith in anything associated with Dr. Thomas Gill.

Yes he's fishing for any excuse that will tip the scales to the Pats. Fanene to the Fins anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots