PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jonas Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keep Up With The Joneses

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
What is his future? Since his infraction he seems to be saying all the right things yet he isn't even in the discussion about backs. I was shocked he was inactive on Sunday. Is he done here?

Backup to Blount and Todd Gurley?

I feel bad for the guy. I hope he's back next year. Blount can be a little inconsistent at times.

I think it depends on other players. If the team resigns Ridley, I feel that Gray is likely gone. I get the feeling that BB doesn't have as much confidence in him as Blount, and he wouldn't keep Ridley, Blount AND Gray all on the roster. An attempt to put him back on the practice squad would be made, but another team would most likely claim him considering his Herculean performance against the Colts.

Yeah the other thing is... we really don't know why he keeps getting sent to inactive. It could be he just looked overly good the one game, it could be an attitude thing, or it could be just BB went with experience come crunch time.

I think whatever happens to him will be quite telling. He seemed cool in interviews and good on the field so I hope that perspective is correct and he's back.

I'm hoping he'll be a backup to Ridley.

I can't remember, was Blount signed to a 2 year deal? I'm not really big on him. He's way too inconsistent. Seems to only do well against Indy and Buffalo.

With all the contract extensions I'll be surprised if Ridley returns. I know Gray's game against Indy was an outlier and a product of fantastic line play. Still I like the way he hits the hole, and he seems to already have the right attitude to be a Pat. I worry about Blount. Will he have the same passion now that he has a ring? I would like to see Blount Gray and Vereen back.

Blount often has to gather himself. Takes him a while to get up to speed. I don't think he's really that good. Doesn't make something out of nothing very often.

RBBC- & rbs get hurt dinged up, there will be a spot for him on the 2015 roster.

If they draft Gurley, there's likely no room for him bar an injury or Gurley/Gaffney being PUP'd.

Blount, Gurley, Vereen, Gaffney, White would be a pretty nice group of backs + Bolden on STs. Even that is 1 too many backs!

The chances of Belichick letting an unproven rookie RB handle the rock in the SB was slim to none. They deactivated Ridley for the last SB because of his fumbles in favor of molasses BJGE.

I think he'll get a chance to compete for carries next year.

Folks seem to want to predict the final 2015 53-man roster. There is no reason to do that until August. Until then, Gray is under contract (at minimum pay) and will compete with others in camp. As of now, we have 5 RB's coming into camp: Blount, Gray, Bolden, White and Gaffney. We'll see whether either or both of Vereen and Ridley are re-signed.

I think he is done here and I would like to see the pats Draft a starting RB or at lest bring back Ridley I really don't care to see Blount as the starting RB next year he is way to inconsistent

Will Ridley be any good, RB rely on their sidewave movements. May take him awhile to get back to full confidence

He is a good straight ahead runner. Hits the hole hard and gets the 4 yards or so. Blount and Bolden are different. So is Ridley. I don't think he was pulled because of his tardiness issue. In the end, the opposing matchups didn't favor what he brought to the table, so he rode the pine.

I like the guy. He adds depth. If BB hated him for some reason, then he would not be on the team. Every player on the roster has a role. I expect if he is not displaced by Ridley or Blount or some unidentified addition, then he stays or is offered a practice squad slot.

Yeah the other thing is... we really don't know why he keeps getting sent to inactive. It could be he just looked overly good the one game, it could be an attitude thing, or it could be just BB went with experience come crunch time.

I think whatever happens to him will be quite telling. He seemed cool in interviews and good on the field so I hope that perspective is correct and he's back.

He gets sent to inactive b/c he is not better than Blount. Not a better receiver/3rd down rb than Vereen. Not a better STer, receiver or blocker than Bolden or a blocker run/pass than Develin.

It'll be a crowded backfield next year in TC. Gray is a bubble guy.

Will Ridley be any good, RB rely on their sidewave movements. May take him awhile to get back to full confidence
He got hurt early enough in the season that he has a chance to be full tilt in TC as it would have been 10 months since his surgery..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes