Welcome to PatsFans.com

Jon Stewart killling Jim Cramer

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Cherry-picking agenda-drivers like Jon Stewart always have "videos" to "prove" what they say.

Why doesn't Jon Stewart show THESE videos:

YouTube - Timeline shows Bush, McCain warning Dems of financial and housing crisis; meltdown

YouTube - Burning Down The House: What Caused Our Economic Crisis?

Michelle Malkin The missing SNL bailout skit — and the Soros connection; Update: SNL does a do-over

YouTube - Coulter on Bailout Lies -- "Social Justice" Obamination

??????

//
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Fog,

'Cherry picking' how a financial network KNOWS whats going on and fails to report it?

Maybe you haven't watched the interview. This has nothing to do with WHY this happened or finger pointing, it has to do with the responsibility of reporting financial crimes to the american investor with INTERGRITY.

lets get real, and live in the now. step off for a second, these dikheadz were IN ON ALL OF THIS.....
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Oh, I never disputed the fact that a lot of these people you call "dikheadz" were pretty aware of the looming storm -- just look at how many of those at the very top bailed out with their solid gold parachutes carrying them to safety -- but, as I've said from the start: this has never been anything close to brain surgery, as it was predestined from he start.

When Carter and his Dem allies in Congress effectively destroyed the entire premise of mortgage lending, i.e., the the "borrower" actually pay back the money they borrow, then it was only a matter of time before this new castle built on sand would be washed away.

Had to happen. HAD to. NO other way it could have played out. It was a prescription for disaster from the day it was conceived. The Soviets, China, and even Satan himself could not have created a better plan to destroy America's economy.

Clinton, Frank, and Dodd (and cohorts) all accelerated the problem by legally mandating banks to issue soft mortgages (but using "hard" money), but HEY!! Everybody was getting rich by that time, so why stop a "good" thing??!!!!

YouTube - Burning Down The House: What Caused Our Economic Crisis?

///
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Jon Stewart tries to compete with Limbaugh/Coulter but they wipe the floor with him, Coulter makes more money in an hour than Stewart does in six months and thats what it's all about, money.

Stewart is getting Panicy, Bush is gone.
  6. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

c'mon............everyone in media has their own agenda.........which is the same as everyone else in the world with a shred of vanity or seeking to make a buck

both guys are trying to get peoples attention when their own existence is getting boring.......

stewart was better when it was more about simple satire......now that he's actually putting some thought into it, he looks like a total moron

as for cramer, well.......everyone in his line of work was wrong for the last year

colbert is now doing what made stewart originally funny
  7. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

John's Point, which is perfectly laid out... Is that the Media, liek it's role in government, should be oversight, and to call truth to power... and john felt CNBC is more in bed with the people in power, rather than being the reporting side of it putting these people to task.

And he's 100% true. CNBC isn't there to report, research, and inform the public, they are simply the outword public mouth piece of the investment world in order to further schemes, stories, rumors, and everything else all of them do in order to get a small % return day after day.

So John makes the best point, no one else is making, CNBC is failing the public, by aligning themselves with the traders, and the financial institutions instead of the Regular American looking to CNBC as experts and for help, not simply a mouth piece to talk you into a sale in order for others to make huge profits.

John's point is to say CNBC is to Finances, as Fox News is to rational government and policy coverage.
  8. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

9. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

10. fourthandmiles

fourthandmiles Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

While he was on Comedy Central I switched over to MSNBC and his show was on. I flipped between the two for a few minutes. Interesting watching him defend himself to Stewart while he is spewing new stuff at the same time on MSNBC. Made me want to set myself on fire.
  11. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

Fog, you sound like a broken record. You cannot reduce a crisis of this magnitude to a single piece of legislation that took place a generation ago. Even assuming that legislation was wrong (which I strongly disagree with), there was plenty of time to change it. Since that piece of legislation, we've had the influential Reagan, Contract with America, and a one-party Republican government. In that light, I think your argument is silly.

Now, as far as Jon Stewart killing Jim Cramer, you might want to check out this link to Democratic Underground where someone has compiled a lot of reviews of Stewart's outstanding performance:

Reviews are in! Jon Stewart eviscerates Cramer and CNBC, establishes himself as a populist hero. - Democratic Underground
  12. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

The CRA argument dressed down into "democratic legislation" Your still trying to run this tired old idea which has been dispproven as the reason for this meltdown. If you want to name names why not start with the people that pushed for deregulation, like Phil Grahm. Or some of the greediest of the investment bankers like Dick Fuld, head of Leighman brothers before it collapsed.

"Insane" definition:1. using the same argument over and over again expecting a different out come even though it has been dissproven.

2.Always believing your the only one thats right,( all the time) and everyone else is wrong.
  13. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Why do you never talk about Jimmy Carter, Barney Rubble Frank, Chris-cross Dodd, or Bubba Clinton and their complicity in the economic meltdown????

When you start talking about THEIR complicity, I'll be happy to talk about others.

//
  15. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Lets start with Carter. Recently i looked up his presidency you guys trash him as the WORST potus ever. He was far from it. Inharited stagflation from the Nixon/Ford years. He is the ONLY POTUS to get any ME peace deal signed the "Camp David accords" I can go back if you like and find more positive things about his presidency,but you would just ignore them anyway

What did Bubba do except get a hummer in the oval office not exactly presidential behavior. But I don't think it rises to the level of lying to start a war. Or dozens of other things i could bring up like just sitting there like a potted plant while the economy collapsed around him. Like doing NOTHING while gas and home heating oil prices went through the roof and Exxon made record profit after record profit. I can't think of another POTUS that would have just sat there while the American people were squeezed by these greedy oil co's. There would have been serious investigations,but not under bush.

I know Frank was involved with Fanny and Freddy only because YOU keep saying that. That its his fault we're in this mess. And i would believe a lying swine such as yourself........I don't think so.

Dodd see Frank....OH yeah silly me he's a democrat so he must be to blame.
  16. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

17. BSR

BSR Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

While CRA is by no means a smoking gun, the general policies of HUD and CRA certainly contributed to the rise in sub prime mortgage lending. Even the CEO's of FNMA and FHLMC admit this.
  18. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

19. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

If you think I'm a "broken record" you're going to go crazy in the coming months/years. And you know I've not laid the entirety of the blame for the meltdown "only on the CRA" .... but it was THE starting point. Later opportunists found newer creative ways to game the system, as the many "get rich quick" real estate peddlers were pushing on late night TV throughout the 90s.

The economic genocide caused by the CRA and its enablers is not going away. Never. Until those responsible have manned-up. Whenever anybody tried to remove the CRA the same old race card was used to shut up all opposition to it. "Getting rolled" is the term, I believe.

As for Stewart's newly found cult status with the hard Left, including the Democrat Underground: yawn. Tell us something that would be news. What's next: "dogs chase cats"????

//