Welcome to PatsFans.com

Jon Stewart’s Ratings Are Now Higher Than All Of Fox News

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Jon Stewart

Only The O’Reilly Factor (2.8 million) drew more total viewers than The Daily Show (2.3 million). Jon Stewart beat everything else on Fox News. Stewart beat Sean Hannity by 246,000 viewers. He topped Bret Baier by 399,000 viewers. Jon Stewart beat Glenn Beck by almost 500,000 viewers, 1.812 million to 2.3 million. He beat Shep Smith (1.712 million) and Greta Van Susteren (1.702 million) by almost 600,000 viewers each. When Stewart and O’Reilly go head to head at 11 PM, Jon Stewart tops Bill O’Reilly’s replay by almost a million viewers (2.3 million to 1.321 million).

facts are facts....

2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

From the same article:

Unless Fox News can figure out a way to attract younger viewers, they are facing a future where their audience will eventually, literally die off. A 2010 survey found that the average age of the Fox News viewer is 65 years old. Fox has the oldest audience on all of cable. (FNC’s audience is older than The History Channel, The Hallmark Channel, and The Golf Channel).

I'm sure a guy like Roger Ailes can tap into that 'tween' market....

3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -13

oReillu sucks, of course the young people will get older so the future Fox audience is already in place they will outgrow Stewart.

4. khayos

khayos In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Actually, if they're average age stays 65, the audience will only grow (if they repeal Obamacare).

5. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +675 / 6 / -9

Huh? I can't really tell, but are you suggesting that they'll pass sooner because of Obamacare?

6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

No, Stewart will grow older along with his audience. They're not going to move to Fox just because they hit 55 or something. It's not the chronological age so much as it's the generational thing - and the generation that watchs Stewart today will continue to watch him tomorrow.

The next younger generation will find their own host - it might not be Stewart but it sure won't be FoxNews, either.

7. khayos

khayos In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Presuming if life expectancy continues to increase, then the pool of viewers will grow. But with the government making decisions on affordable treatments, expectancy may stall.

8. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +675 / 6 / -9

As opposed to the insurance companies who currently make those decisions?

9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

ROFLMAO And if Ryan and the Republicans get their way no one over 65 will be watching pay-for cable news stations at all - they'll be too busy paying for individual health care coverage to be able to afford internet or cable service.

10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

In clicking the links, I noticed that their ratings also "plummeted" last May. So it's probably a May thing with their audience.

News Corpse » Fox News Ratings Plummet In May:

Also, when your ratings are as high as theirs have been, I'd guess that a drop is to be expected. By the same token, when you're only getting a couple hundred thousand viewers, it's hard to go any lower.

11. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

just wondering: does anybody really care about Fox's or Stewart's ratings?

12. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I know I sure don't. But it seems some people find it, for reasons I cannot fathom, something worthy of thumping their chests over.

13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

The people who don't watch Fox News do. If you look at the ratings over the years, Fox's totals tend to equal the combined numbers of it's news competition. It's clearly a situation where middle to right leaners watch Fox, and middle to left leaners watch the others. Some people simply can't stand that.

14. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

My only comment is why the title since it's not accurate at all... better than Fox News... BUT....

And your title makes it sound as though if you add up all the viewers, John Stewart beats them all...

15. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +183 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Let's see, a show on Comedy Central, hosted by a comedian/actor, beats some shows on Fox News. hooray!!!

I don't know why CBS passed on Jon Stewart to replace Katie.

Perhaps we can start comparing South Park ratings with Hardball. How does SVU's or NCSI ratings compare to Meet the Press?

16. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

Sorry to inform you, but your comparison is a bogus one. Jon Stewart's show is comparable to other sit-down talk shows like Oprah, the Tonight Show or David Letterman.

Bring us a legitimate comparison and then we can discuss it.

What is this, a "My side's show is more popular than your side's"?:rolleyes:

17. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

I don't think your opinion above is based upon facts. Everyone I grew up with was radically liberal. Now, almost all of us are no longer liberal.

It might be more based upon income level rather than age though. But I believe if you look at Americans historically, most of us tend to get more conservative as we age.

18. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

Good point...I could care less which news station others watch. The fact that some do care just baffles my mind.

ATTENTION PEOPLE: Which news station people like to watch is none of your damn business, so get used to it!:D

19. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

re. valid comparisons, I'm not sure why Daily Show can't be compared to many of Fox's shows -- not Baier and Smith, but are the other ones in Fox's "news" category or entertainment or opinion or whatever they choose to call it?

Or is that definition changing again?

20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

The same people that pay $15 to stand in line at a Movie Theatre to watch a Cartoon are the same people that watch Jon Stewart also The Oprah Groupies.

:bricks: