Welcome to PatsFans.com

Jon Huntsman

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Gainzo, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't know much about this guy but he seems pretty central on a lot of issues. He is very much anti-abortion and pro-business (tax cuts, etc) but he endorses civil unions and health care for all.

Will the GOP eat him alive? Does pf13 think he is a RINO? Will Evangelical Christians dismiss his Candidacy because he is a Mormon?
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

If he isn't a Left Wing Liberal the Democrat Obama Media will destroy him if he is a Rhino the GOP should destroy him, the hell with that Bipartisian Sh!t, the Democrats hate Rino's in their party look how they treated Frog Face Lieberman.

The only Bipartisans the democrats admire are the Republican Rino's.

:bricks:
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

I saw a headline today that said his family donated $25k to Harry Reid's campaign. I didn't click the link, but if true, he's got no chance. That being said, I know little about him other than that he was governor of Utah, worked for Bush I think (maybe that was Daniels), and was Obama's pick as Ambasador to China. I like governors so I'll check him out.
  4. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Will be interesting to see how he does. He made a smart move by not going to Iowa as he would get crushed. He is focusing on NH and I think he will do well there.
  5. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +270 / 6 / -4

To paraphrase Jon Chait, the posture adopted by the GOP is one of maximal opposition to President Obama. The notion that someone who doesn't hew to that consensus could be a significant player is absurd.

He's setting himself up for 2016.
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Why in the name of God would any Conservative vote for him if he donated money to that Weasle Reid

:confused:
  7. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Good call JB. Huntsman, unlike the rest of the GOP candidates, didn't lash out and blame Obama for everything.
  8. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

That was in his speech (where Reagan gave his) for his bid for the presidency. Not to slam the President or other Republican candidates. I've followed him somewhat. He's for action on global warming. He said, “I’m not a meteorologist. All I know is 90 percent of the scientists say climate change is occurring. If 90 percent of the oncological community said something was causing cancer we’d listen to them.” Pretty sensible, thus he's doomed.
  9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +310 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

He's probably got the best chance of any Republican candidate of winning a general election - not that he'll ever get that far, of course.
  10. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

He thought the stimulus was " too small". How do you think that will play in the Republican primary????

Jon Huntsman Thought the Stimulus Was Too Small -- Daily Intel
  11. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0