PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jon Gruden's comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Did anyone catch Gruden taking a shot at the Raiders and saying during last night's game that the pats will probably get a top 5 pick from the Raiders? Then he made a comment about the tuck rule but I think that was in jest.

anyway, i'm not so sure we will get a high pick from the Raiders. THey are looking a lot better.

ESPN was spinning the game last night so much in favor of Buffalo. No one at ESPN came out and said that it's going to take Brady 4-5 games to get in sync with the offense. No wonder brady wouldn't talk with them.

ESPN was spinning the game last night so much in favor of Buffalo. No one at ESPN came out and said that it's going to take Brady 4-5 games to get in sync with the offense. No wonder brady wouldn't talk with them.

Wait, are you saying that Brady wouldn't speak with ESPN after the game on the way to the locker room because of they way ESPN called the game?

He certainly noticed how bad Tod Light was playing.

They needed to pull this Tod guy from the game!

I really disagree with this notion. Jaws loves the Patriots and Tirico usually plays it pretty neutral. I thought the game was spun in no direction and if any it was towards the Patriots. The announcers definitely agreed with the bad calls against the Pats

I really enjoyed Gruden.

I really liked Gruden, too. He's not typical in any sense of the word. His larger than life "Chucky" persona comes through, warts and all (see "Light, Todd"). At least he's not the total azzclown Kornholio was. Tirico is a good, solid pro. However, Dame Edna seems to be full of himself and his "analysis" ability. His film breakdown on Matchup was highly educational, though.

I really disagree with this notion. Jaws loves the Patriots and Tirico usually plays it pretty neutral. I thought the game was spun in no direction and if any it was towards the Patriots. The announcers definitely agreed with the bad calls against the Pats

I agree. And there's no bigger Patriots ball-wa$her than Berman. He hosts the team's pre-season gala every year, he's practically family. Then there's Keyshawn who worships Belichick, Bruschi who played for the team ten minutes ago, Stuart Scott, Matt Millen...all spoke glowingly of the team and its coach last night.

What do people want? An apology for Cameragate? Actually, on that I'm with you. But it ain't coming. I think ESPN is, overall, pretty positive in its coverage of the Patriots. But, like all media, they have a sensationalizing bias, and in cameragate, it was in all its glory.

Last edited:

anyway, i'm not so sure we will get a high pick from the Raiders. THey are looking a lot better.

Amazing how two people can listen to the same thing for three hours and come away with a completely different impression. I actually thought they were overhyping the Pats at the beginning (starting with the pregame when even Ditka said the only point in making a prediction was by "how much" the Pats will win). I think they then started to overcompensate and play up the upset. I had no problem with how they handled it.

as for the Raiders, I still think it's a top five or so pick. i don't read much into the first game of the season, otherwise the Jets would be in the Super Bowl.

I thought the commentating crew was just fine. They didn't bother me, which is much more important than me being bowled over by their charm and wittiness.

Yeah, Todd Light played awful. I mean he's a Pro Bowl Left Tackle. Todd Light really should do better.

Yeah......that's all I remember from Gruden.

I really like Gruden doing color. I actually think this is a pretty good Sunday night crew, particularly when I remember those horrible Theismann-Maguire days.

Last edited:
I don't care what Chuckie says, we beat one of the best teams in the AFC last night. I was kind of concerned about Tommy's speed last night though! Do you think he's ok? He didn't look like the Tommy gun we're used to!?

we beat one of the best teams in the AFC last night.

Buffalo......really?:confused: What specific reasons make you say that?

I don't care what Chuckie says, we beat one of the best teams in the AFC last night. I was kind of concerned about Tommy's speed last night though! Do you think he's ok? He didn't look like the Tommy gun we're used to!?

Somebody please remove the troll. :cool:

Really? I was glad to see the Pats eek it out in the final moments but really, ESPN was all for us the entire night. I was kind of embarassed to hear teddi in the pregame act so arrogant. Great player but I don't see him lasting on ESPN.

This could be a really long season. And yesterday yeah we won and rocked out a comeback, but they are really over hyping us. We have a lot of weaknesses the Bills exploited. Could be a real rough one. Hopefully my boy tommy can stay healthy. Jenkins and the Jets worry me.

He certainly noticed how bad Tod Light was playing.

They needed to pull this Tod guy from the game!

I kept shouting at the screen, "For F&^ksake at least get the names right. " Hw was better than Korny Tonhieser but not by much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down