PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joint Practices = Better Execution ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyDave

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I thought that our O executed VERY well last week. And after watching the jets last week, I've seen an offense that did NOT execute well.
I'm wondering how much our joint practices with atl and NO helped.
The pats O looked like they were in mid-season form, while the jets were... well, you know.
Anyone know how many other teams had these joint practices? And how did they perform last week?

I thought that our O executed VERY well last week. And after watching the jets last week, I've seen an offense that did NOT execute well.
I'm wondering how much our joint practices with atl and NO helped.
The pats O looked like they were in mid-season form, while the jets were... well, you know.
Anyone know how many other teams had these joint practices? And how did they perform last week?

Although I think that join practices are benefitial, they are only a small piece of why the Patriots executed so well Week 1. I think the biggest factor is the locker room. The Pats dumped the slackers and bad apples and picked up a bunch of quality guys. The whole team is on the same page, works hard and it shows.

Last edited:
It's an interesting subject to consider. I don't know how many other teams had joint practices though. Just looking at the three teams mentioned above, all three executed well on defense. The Saints and Falcons gave up nine points each in regulation time, and while the final stats were nothing to brag about, in reality most of the Bengals' yardage and points came after the game was after the Pats had built a big lead.

However of those three teams the Pats were the only one that was executing well on offense. On the other hand, despite the NFL's attempts to have high scoring games only nine teams scored more than 21 points, and ten scored fewer than 14 points. Not too many teams executed well on offense regardless of whether or not they had joint practices.

Last edited:
I think the Patriots offense is simply better than the Jets, and the Ravens defense is simply better than the Bengals.

I dont think doing drugs helps anyones game, just say no america.

Last edited:
It will have helped, but I'm sure it isn't the only reason :)

As mentioned; the locker room is probably helping. More players thinking team than players thinking 'me'!

I dont think doing drugs helps anyones game, just say no america.

What about fans while watching games? lol

Tell you one thing, I stopped my dvr quite a few times to point out some outstanding blocks to my son, who was watching the game with me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey