PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Join the Patriots practice squad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urgent

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Just looking at the roster, I noticed that five of the eight players signed to the original Practice Squad are currently on the team.

Original opening day practice squad:

RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis
TE Tyson DeVree
OT Jacob Bender
NT Titus Adams
LB Vince Redd
CB Mike Richardson
S Mark Dillard
S Antwain Spann

Green-Ellis, DeVree, Redd, Richardson, and Spann are all on the team.

That should be a good recruiting tool for next year, either for undrafted rookies or the practice squad signing weekend following cuts. The Patriots don't hesitate to promote from within, due to the importance of knowing their system.

There's a strong economic incentive to make the regular roster, and players have a good chance on the Pats.

I think there would be some credance to the fact that our practice squad is a good way to make a great team. I wonder what the number looks like for other teams?

I think there would be some credance to the fact that our practice squad is a good way to make a great team. I wonder what the number looks like for other teams?

I would assume it would be similar.

The norm generally is put a player on IR; promote a player from the PS; add a player to PS.

Picking up a player mid season like we did with Seau and adding him directly to the team is the exception.

Just looking at the roster, I noticed that five of the eight players signed to the original Practice Squad are currently on the team.

Original opening day practice squad:

RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis
TE Tyson DeVree
OT Jacob Bender
NT Titus Adams
LB Vince Redd
CB Mike Richardson
S Mark Dillard
S Antwain Spann

Green-Ellis, DeVree, Redd, Richardson, and Spann are all on the team.

That should be a good recruiting tool for next year, either for undrafted rookies or the practice squad signing weekend following cuts. The Patriots don't hesitate to promote from within, due to the importance of knowing their system.

There's a strong economic incentive to make the regular roster, and players have a good chance on the Pats.
No no no. The Pats recruiting message is: "Join the Patriots! Get Injured! Get a Settlement!"

It's really 6 of 8. Bender was signed to SF's 53.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes