PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

johnson for stallworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the colts are targeting Johnson this off season

I think people are going way, way overboard with the Chad Johnson hate. It's entirely reminiscent of all the animosity that Randy Moss got (and still gets). He doesn't seem to do anything that's actually harmful (or he hasn't yet), you sure as hell can't say that his effort is not there, so people get angry over something entirely trivial like touchdown celebrations.

We won't trade for him because it's going to take a lot more than Stallworth straight up and he's going to rightfully want top WR money.

He doesn't seem to do anything that's actually harmful (or he hasn't yet), you sure as hell can't say that his effort is not there, so people get angry over something entirely trivial like touchdown celebrations.

Would you call starting a fight with coaches at halftime of a playoff game your team is winning because all you care about is that you aren't getting enough balls thrown your way harmful?

I don't think the Pats are even going to pay Stallworth the money it takes to keep him. I wouldn't be shocked if they do, but I'm guessing against it.

I'd be shocked if they paid any new WR the money Johnson would require.

I've personally never understood why BB seems to find Johnson so amusing. It's puzzling.

He respects his talent - as far as his comments and antics I think he looks at Johnson as "Somebody Else's Problem"

While I think most people look at the majority of his antics as harmless I can't think Belichick would tolerate any CJ type behavior for even a second around here.

Johnson for Stallworth by the way isn't feasible IMO. I get the feeling if Moss re-signs Stallworth is gone, and Stallworth will remain if Moss doesn't resign.

Now if Moss doesn't re-sign, and we hold onto Stallworth, I might not rule out Johnson agreeing to a Moss like contract for next season to play here, along side Stallworth.

But I just don't see Stallworth at $6 million or Johnson at that or a higher price tag alongside Moss for another season - as much as I'd like it I don't think we could afford that and the other offseason moves.

Moss is 31 and Johnson 30 .lets get them both now we have zillion old LB thread so we can start the Old WR threads next.

Last edited:
I like Chad Johnson and all his funny antics. He's a hell of a football player and loves to compete. I think he is good for football and most fans around the NFL. I think he would be an excellent Patriot,unfortunately the cap will never see that happen.

Btw,whoever see's the Colts aiming for him is crazy. I know this sounds like a broken record but they have alot of money tied up in Manning,Freeney,Wayne,Harrison and just recently >Bob Sanders<excellent signing for them. I can say now they really can't afford to sign the guy.

Last edited:
we need money else where but if this happened good lord, that patriot offense would literally be impossible to defend.

We've got our own CJ to take Stallworth's place, and he'll put up better #'s.

I don't know like I said I really just don't see this happening either but it does make you wonder if anyone in the pats front office especially after hearing the interview soloman wilcox had with the bengals beat writer. It would probably take stallworth and NE 7th round pick to get chad. If the NE were to find role players in the LB poss. (E.g. Bruschci) instead of trying to sign a big name LB I don't see why the cap would be a problem if this kind of trade were to happen, honestly stallworth is a #1 receiver if he were on another team such as minnisota, san fran, or seattle. I really don't think, unless stallwort enjoys being a patriot, the pats will give him the money he deserves only because they have moss

why in the world would the Bengals trade for Stallworth and his awful contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes