Welcome to PatsFans.com

Johnny Mac takes FLA

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by STFarmy, Jan 29, 2008.

1. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Looks like McCain kept his momentum rolling...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/florida_republicans

I'd say it's hardly over, as Super Tuesday can change everything, but it looks like McCain might be the nominee. I'm sure that Rush and the other talk radio conservatives will be brimming with excitement tomorrow.
  2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

well, if America (or Diebold) wants war with Iran -- and a full global conflict -- it will "vote" for McCain... because he's all about sucker punching Iran...
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

I'm somewhat surprised. If I had to put my money on a winner in Florida, I'd probably have put it on Romney. I guess it goes to show you that McCain is simply more attractive to a mixed crowd of voters than Romney is with hard core republicans. Super Tuesday should be fun, but I saw that Rudy is going to endorse McCain on Wednesday. That might help boost McCain in the NE & Cali where he looks strong.
  4. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think this win combined with Rudy dropping out and endorsing McCain pretty much seals it up for him. Despite his $ advantage I don't think Romney can come back and take it, especially with Huckabee staying in the race and taking away Romney votes.
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +281 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

McCain is surely not my favorite Republican but I think he has the best chance to win in November. Better a flawed Republican than Hillary or Obama :)

Quite a comeback from a few months ago when McCain looked dead.
  6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

ah yes... the Grand Ole' Party's unrivaled partisan logic... served us all well in 2000 and 2004...

anyhow, regarding McCain....

PAT BUCHANAN: Here’s a guy, basically, what does he say? 'The jobs are never coming back, the illegals are never going home, but we’re gonna have a lot more wars.'

JOE SCARBOROUGH: We’re gonna start a lot of wars! He has promised, for the record Keith, John McCain’s platform — and it certainly looks inviting for the fall — he has promised less jobs and more wars. Now that’s something we can all rally behind.

enjoy
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
  7. Real World

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

Wow, how shocking that too die hards don't like McCain. I think everybody knows that hard core conservatives don't like him all that much. That's an obvious problem for him, but could be quelled by too things, 1) Hillary getting the Dem nom, and 2) a conservative southern VP candidate like say maybeThompson, who would attract conservatives somewhat.
  8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +281 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

I have a feeling that you would also prefer one of your lesser Democrat options to whoever wins the Republican nomination.
  9. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

define my "lesser DemocratIC option"... and, does Paul count?
  10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +180 / 5 / -22

Used to like McCain, but the republicans beat him up so much, realized how poor he really is.. always thought that a war hero would treat our troops well and realize the responsibility of going into any global conflict.. as I said before it it not as much as who is running, but their running mate as well.. that may be the critical factor.. after seeing the big role Cheney played in this adm the whole role of the VP has changed.
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

A lot of us Neo Cons are staying home in November and build Bomb Shelters in our back yards

The Feminist Kooks said yesterday that the Drunken Murderer (Uncle Teddy) betrayed them by endorsing Oboomba, got that, these dip sh!t screwball f-cking female a$s holes were dead silent when Teddy walked away from Mary Jo and let her gurgle and blub blub to death, they were dead silent when the other whore monger (Blue Dress) was leaving abused women in his wake all over the country including his wife and daughter, they are dead silent on the abuse of women by the Muslims all over the world, now suddenly they are all upset and have come scurrying out from under their little rocks outraged at the scumbag Uncle Teddy because he didn't endorse that Shrieking Fat A$s Dyke Pant Suit Hillary.

They're Back, the female Dykes are mad at Uncle Teddy:
    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8UFRQV01&show_article=1

BUILD A BOMB SHELTER YOUR GOING TO NEED IT
    F=CK DAFUR

:bricks:
  12. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +281 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Why would Paul count ? You are probably a bad example as you told me you are not a Democrat but I am sure most Democrats here would vote (D) over McCain even though McCain usually polls as the best (R) candidate for Independents. It's not a blind vote, I still agree with McCain more than with Hillary or Obama even though he's not my preferred (R) candidate.
  13. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Harry, just out of curiosity, you would stay home and not vote for McCain? Would you vote depending on whom his VP candidate is?
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

I don't know, Mccain is just like Bush when it comes to the Invasion (Illegal Aliens) and Mccain is to friendly with Blow Hard Kennedy for me, I really can't stand any of them R or D, I base a lot of my choice on "looks" I know that sounds strange but I read peoples faces and I all I see when I look at any of these people is a group of Grinning Phony Bastards, before Thompson announced he was running I thought he would be the American Hero but then he sh!t the bed, he waited and he waited then he finally announced, then he went home and went to bed, I thought he was going to come out swinging and eat the rest of them up but that was all over before it even started, I think his health had a lot to do with it.

I say I am staying home but seeing Pant Suit & Obooma's face on TV all summer will probably drive me to vote while holding my nose, I can tolerate and sometimes agree with a "Normal Liberal" but the "Far Left Hollywood Liberal" drives me insane, they should all be put in dentention centers :singing:

Yes I think a VP is very important, but again, these candidates are all a bunch of sh!t heads.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  15. mtbykr

mtbykr Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

What this boils down to is GOP voters leaving their principles and voting for a guy who they think has the best chance to win in the GE. McCain is basically a liberal who is stong on defense......he's Lieberman!
  16. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Are saying that ?????because McCain said this!!!!
    Bomb, Bomb, Bomb Iran......."

John McCain told supporters Sunday that Iraq is a "tough war" that isn't "going to be over right away," then warned: "There's going to be other wars ... I'm sorry to tell you, there's going to be other wars. We will never surrender but there will be other wars."
  17. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

It may also be an indication that the party as a whole has moved more toward the center. What % of Republicans identify themselves as conservatives now? I'm not sure, but maybe that # is shrinking.

Don't forget McCain is also somewhat of a spending hawk, which is another issue important to Republicans after the failure of the Bush administration to rein in spending.

There has been talk that Lieberman could be his VP choice. I hope he goes conservative like Thompson though, as he would seriously risk losing conservative support if he did that.
  18. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I'm not 100% sure that the pubbies as a whole have moved to the center; I just think that a lot of independents and moderate republicans are getting behind McCain, a popular guy among their demo. The real conservative support was split behind Romney, Thompson, and Huckabee, who all had unique personality combinations that made them appealing to some and repulsive to others. Because the conservative vote was split between them, MCain was able to pull ahead of all of them.

I believe that Lieberman has already stated that he won't accept a position as VP nominee too. McCain would be smart to pick a conservative as a VP running mate to try to appease some of the ditto heads and the jilted neocons who feel that he's just eeeeeeevil liberal in disguise.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

No, I'm saying it because Pant Suit or Obooma is going to be the next President and the first thing they will do is "Destroy Security" and then they will start another war in Africa and while our troops are dying in Africa the Muslim Terrorists will blow Chicago & Boston right off the map with a Backpack Nuke.
    They Are Patient And They Are Waiting

20. Real World

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

That is one thing I do like about McCain. I'm pretty confident he'd get spending under control. I'm not sure any other candidate would genuinely do that.

Lieberman won't be his running mate. It was in the news the other day. The word was that Thompson is the front runner for that post, although no decision has been made. If he picked/got Thompson to run with him, then I might consider that ticket.