PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Johnathan Sullivan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup looks like Hill doesn't even make this team. Wright is looking good and surprisingly Sully has come on. You've gotta love the Pats DL situation right now. Even our second stringers were manhandling Washington's offensive line.

PatsFanInVa said:
That's what JimmyJames meant by "if he can adequately spell Vince." He didn't mean give Vince a breather. He meant, spell "Vince."

All that said... after his inaugural dumba$$ stunt, I was so ready for Sullivan to just wash out and go away. But he looked good against Washington, so, prognosis is good (enough) to keep him around. And away goes Hill -- who has been all potential no production (Wah. I wanted him to be Seymour in training.)

PFnV
Wasn't there supposed to be a hearing about a week ago on the charges against him? He was looking forward to the chance to vindicate himself. Did anyone hear the outcome?

Aug 31.

(It disgusts me that I pay this much attention to trivia.) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If Sully can keep his crap together, he almost makes the team by default at this point. We have to have a back-up to Wilfork, and Smith is not there yet. Thomas looks like another Warren type DE to me, and Wright is most definitely a DE, in body type.

We need Sully and he needs us.

What would please me greatly is if somebody forced him to run gassers every day for the entire season and into the off-season. Like Woick.

Sorry, Klecko, Love Ya', but I want some girth on the line of scrimmage. :eek:

AzPatsFan said:
PFW thinks Sully is a waste. Looking at him I do not agree that he looks like a "tub of goo" at all.

There is no doubt that he was a young man who thought he had it made withhis multi-million dollar rookie contract. Getting demoted to second string by the old Saints Caoches serves as a partial wakeup call. Getting shipped ou tof town by the new New Orleans coashing staff had to wake him up alittle.

Arriving in New England only to find that they gaver him a weight to report and he did showed that the coaches were getting through to him. finding out that the Pats wanted more than just him reporting at weight, befopre they would even let him practice, had to be another wakeup call.

Seeing himself look really poor as he was constantly chop blocked by Atlanta and no one cared, or sympathised, had to be another wakeup.

I think that the NE staff has awakened him.

It helps that they don't want all that much from him other than a few rotation blows for Wilfork helps too. His currenrt conditioning or lack of it still lets him go full tilt for a few snaps. He doesn't have to pace himself or play while tired as a starter would.

He can spend a season backing up and the lockeroom players riding his butt and he might actually be pretty good next season.
I think Sey and Ty and Vince and Jarvis and Wright and Klecko have been the turning point for him. It's that old club mentality, you want to be one of us, you eat the worms and do the same things we do. Pees might be a Parcell's-lite motivator, but I'm more inclined to believe that getting away from Haslett's losers and seeing how a real champion prepares has been the floodlight showing him the way. Now, let's hope he gets addicted to winning.

I Liked Sullivan

Sullivan is a long way from a finished product or a dependable NT. He made a bunch of plays out of the 4-3 alignment. When in the 3-4 he's been pushed around a good bit. He still has to prove to me that he can anchor, read, shed and flow properly before I'm appointing him the second stringer.

I will admit, he looked a ton better in game three than he ever did in game 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes