PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Johnathan Joseph is not a very bright man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently, he feels that the Pats winning their two games against the Texans by a combined score of 83-42 is proof that the Texans are the better team, but only had a few bad plays at the wrong time.

Joseph: Texans still a better team | CSN Houston

Apparently, he feels that the Pats winning their two games against the Texans by a combined score of 83-42 is proof that the Texans are the better team, but only had a few bad plays at the wrong time.

This is the stupidest thing I have ever read and it is exactly why the Texans were thrashed again in the same exact fashion in a sudden death elimination game.

They do not have the mentality of champions they think they are better when getting completely embarrassed twice, when you think like that you never improve.

I hope this post doesn't appear as his twitter avatar.

This is the stupidest thing I have ever read and it is exactly why the Texans were thrashed again in the same exact fashion in a sudden death elimination game.

They do not have the mentality of champions they think they are better when getting completely embarrassed twice, when you think like that you never improve.

Kordell Stewart said it at his presser right after the Pats beat the Steelers in the 2001 AFCCG. He must be advising Joseph.

In the first game every bounce did go the Patriots way and they won by 28. In the second game every bounce, borderline and not so borderline call went the way of the Texans and they lost by 13. Yep you're only an average of 3 TDs worse. With a little work I bet you can lose by an average of 17 next year.

lol, i don't see how anybody can get outscored 2:1 in not one but TWO LOSING ballgames and then say with a straight face that they were the better team. I think it's just bravado. it's a defense mechanism to keep his ego from being crushed. cornerbacks in particular need that to recover from bad games. Brady LIT UP that secondary like a roman candle!

Last edited:
hmm i dunno, he has a point

If we take 4 or 5 of those TD's we scored, and turned them into pick sixes, and fumble recoveries for TDs going houstons way, then yeah they would have won the game.

:bricks:

Too funny. Patriots even spotted them two offensive starters going down at the beginning of the game and still put up 41 on Joseph and that D.

Last edited:
I know how he feels. When I look in the mirror I see Brad Pit, too.

Joseph is a sore loser. Just man up and say you lost and didn't have the right game plan and shut your mouth. Why is the media even paying attention to him any more?!?! isn't he at home in pj's? Who cares. His logic is all messed up.

I thought it was pretty clear he wasn't comparing Texans vs. Pats, just saying he didn't think that the gap between the two teams are that big. The article was also updated saying just this.

And to be honest, 4-5 plays can make a big difference, what if Mr. Brady had thrown 5 INTs? :D

Last edited:
we should forfeit the Conference game in deference to Mr. joseph. I dont know how we all sleep at night.

So does that that if the Pats win the Super Bowl that they will now have two Super Bowl wins where they have to live with the shame that they won even though the best was beaten by them in the AFC side of the playoffs.

I only listen to players who are still playing at this point in the season.

Yeah, like Napoleon at Waterloo. We want another shot at you so you can kick our butts AGAIN.

Oy. It's all a misunderstanding. Joseph said "we were a better team," not "we were the better team." All he meant was that the Texans team that went into the divisional round game was a better team than the one that had lost to the Pats earlier in the season.

Oy. It's all a misunderstanding. Joseph said "we were a better team," not "we were the better team." All he meant was that the Texans team that went into the divisional round game was a better team than the one that had lost to the Pats earlier in the season.

I don't think so

Last edited by a moderator:
If Houston and New England traded uniforms, and coaches before the game, then switched back after the game was over then Joseph might be on to something here...

File this under: "Things that losers say"

The only other comaprable response to losing is when the 2001 Rams team didn't lose he superbowl. They claimed :

"We beat ourselves"

I wonder if he has a relationship with Brendon Ayanbadejo?

Denial is not a river in Texas. But the Texans were the better team when they blew out the Baltimore Ravens 43-13 on October 21, 2012.

Last edited:

Obviously you never visit JI or GG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back